Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Fight the FUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've long thought we need a practical FUD_fighting thread here. Posts would be nothing more than links to easily upvoted/commented articles / tweets that the folks here can add their virtual weight to. Posts where people are asking honest opinions on issues surrounding EVs, or where people are being attacked by FUDsters on twitter/facebook/reddit wherever.

Most of us have actual day jobs, and not enough time to go searching for these battles, but up/downvoting appropriate posts and comments is trivial for me if people link to them from an uncluttered, easily viewed thread of such content.
TMC has a lot of members, we should focus our efforts. tweets and retweets are free :D
This might be of assistance:

uh1659jq7yv61.jpg

I've started to see some NHTSA complaint screenshots circling on Twitter; I'm sure this isn't the first time nor the last.

For those who have encountered NHTSA complaints before, I'm guessing it's fair to say that the NHTSA does not verify the veracity of any claims? Just about anyone can write anything in a complaint?

Please always paste the Tweet directly so we can go refute or share easily. Cheers!
Weird, I downloaded the image, out of habit, because this way I know it won't disappear. And guess what, perusing @jhall's Twitter account I can't find a corresponding Tweet, so no idea which tweet that image came from.

So I created a Twitter post for this, easier to retweet - suggestions for improvements/ change gladly accepted, or make your own

https://twitter.com/alexisdetoc/status/1387758278885711874

And on Imgur https://imgur.com/a/x8fgBO2

Maybe someone can make a similar or corresponding Facebook post

Attachments

• TESLA.FUD.jpg
    TESLA.FUD.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Ammunition:
To the Journalists Doing Lazy Math:
I took the time to breakout Tesla’s Q1 Income Statement by Segment and guess what? Excluding Regulatory Credits and Bitcoin gains, Tesla actually makes money on every car they sell. The Auto segment made $140m in Q1 excluding Reg Credits and the Bitcoin gain. And this is without Model S&X production. Had Tesla sold 15k Model S&X in Q1, the Auto segment GAAP Income would have been well over $400m.

View attachment 658112

View attachment 658113

1631174590882.png

Useful chart for fighting FUD that you will most likely have seen before. What I found really interesting is that only onshore wind is cheaper than solar. An important distinction in the UK where we have plenty of offshore but onshore will meet a lot of resistance from nimbys.

• Helpful
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Just stunning how the standard FUD of EV's is spread by a reporter at the NYT.

I'll posit that he may have NEVER even driven a Tesla, and perhaps does not even have a driver's license, but that's just pure speculation on my part, based upon the levels of ignorance shown in the article . . . .

Please feel free to add your comments as needed, and they ARE needed!

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev