Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Fight the FUD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not FUD towards Tesla, but maybe a counter-argument to FUD

Fossil Fuels are deadly. I live near a busy motorway and set of dual carriageways. Loads of times roads have been closed, even resurfaced due to fuel lorry crashes. I once got stuck for 5 hours on M25 in a heatwave while they cleaned up a burnt-out fuel HGV (what a mess).

Cap-Haïtien fuel tanker explosion - Wikipedia - 14 December 2021

"On 14 December 2021, a fuel tanker truck exploded in the Samari neighborhood of Cap-Haïtien[1], the capital city of the Haitian department of Nord; at least 75 people were killed and more than 100 were injured.[2] Haiti, hit with an economic crisis worsened by an earthquake four months earlier, was unable to adequately treat victims of the explosion, with hospitals undersupplied and in disarray."

We also have Buncefield - Buncefield fire - Wikipedia "The British Geological Survey monitored the event, which measured 2.4 on the Richter scale"

1639604928463.png

See also​

Even non-Tesla fans (and some haters?) still recognize the huge value that the Tesla supercharger network has. Fans of other brands try to defend Electrify America but I've seen too many cases like this one. Their entire system is just flawed compared to how Tesla runs their chargers. TLDR, dead lightning due to crappy charging network (and some planning failures I guess)

One way to fight FUD is to present a bunch of examples on how the media has been incorrect in their reporting of Tesla.

So I thought it would be fun to start a thread were we minimize discussion but just present examples of where the media is completely incorrect on Tesla reporting.

If you want to make a contribution, post:

1. A screenshot or link to the story with a date...preferably a screenshot for posterity reasons (and because we don't want clicks on shoddy media sources), and
2. Explanation of why the story is incorrect. Facts only.

I'll start:

Friday, Nov 4, 2022: Yahoo Finance headline:

1667570630424.png

The story is referring to the published October 2022 China export/retail sales number. It's wrong because:

1. There were no lockdowns in October, despite the headline.
2. The number published is not an indicator of deliveries in the month. It is a combination of Tesla vehicles marked as having LEFT Chinese ports for other countries, as well as vehicles that have been sold to retail customers within China AND REGISTERED.

There are reports of 40,000+ vehicles at the beginning of November that are waiting to get registered. So obviously the number in the report is significantly below the actual.

I am not paid to research this information, yet I know this.

This is why the media sucks.

One way to fight FUD is to present a bunch of examples on how the media has been incorrect in their reporting of Tesla.

So I thought it would be fun to start a thread were we minimize discussion but just present examples of where the media is completely incorrect on Tesla reporting.

If you want to make a contribution, post:

1. A screenshot or link to the story with a date...preferably a screenshot for posterity reasons (and because we don't want clicks on shoddy media sources), and
2. Explanation of why the story is incorrect. Facts only.

I'll start:

Friday, Nov 4, 2022: Yahoo Finance headline:

View attachment 871014

The story is referring to the published October 2022 China export/retail sales number. It's wrong because:

1. There were no lockdowns in October, despite the headline.
2. The number published is not an indicator of deliveries in the month. It is a combination of Tesla vehicles marked as having LEFT Chinese ports for other countries, as well as vehicles that have been sold to retail customers within China AND REGISTERED.

There are reports of 40,000+ vehicles at the beginning of November that are waiting to get registered. So obviously the number in the report is significantly below the actual.

I am not paid to research this information, yet I know this.

This is why the media sucks.
Also, the price cuts happened at the end of the month, which obviously could only impact Nov/Dec/Jan numbers - this is a grade-school level logic fail.

(and I concur with screenshots only)