Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - MYP or BMW iX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think anyone will accept that the build quality and customer service is light years ahead of Tesla. BMW actually care about their customers for a start. I think you maybe a little Tesla blinded if you see anything different.

And just for information, I own a Tesla.
So you are referring to build quality and customer service now - your original post inferred that the BMW was an all-round better EV - which it clearly isn't. I have never owned a BMW, so I can't comment on their customer service, but I do own a '22 Model Y and I did own a '17 Model S. The build quality of the Model Y is excellent and I have always found Tesla customer service to be among the best. The build quality of the Model S was not as good, granted.

Spanish

Reactions: Stan930
So you are referring to build quality and customer service now - your original post inferred that the BMW was an all-round better EV - which it clearly isn't. I have never owned a BMW, so I can't comment on their customer service, but I do own a '22 Model Y and I did own a '17 Model S. The build quality of the Model Y is excellent and I have always found Tesla customer service to be among the best. The build quality of the Model S was not as good, granted.

Spanish
You are boring me now, read my initial post, I said "I would choose the BMW over my model 3 all day long, completely different car and IMO a different league to the model 3". If you are going to try and quote me, get your facts right, I never said ' an all round better EV', Get over being so blinded by things. If you had owned a BMW like myself, you maybe able to form a balanced opinion. I never said my Tesla was a bad car, just not as well built as a BMW. Having owned my Tesla for just over a year, if the BMW's were available then, I may not have chosen a Tesla, I will see what is available when I come to renew.
I look forward to your next 'informative' and interesting reply.

In addition to my thoughts on the BMW iX above I have had a few more drives to formulate an opinion.

Overall it’s not too bad, comfortable ride and the augmented reality sat nav is kinda cool.

However I’ve found a major issue that I would find unacceptable -
The app is completely non-functional due to an issue with account creation with the myBMW web service.
Whenever we go to create an account we get an error on the BMW website saying “something has gone wrong, please try again later”. This has been going on for 5 months now.

The dealer has no idea how to help (and were laughable on their knowledge of EVs, completely failed to educate my mother when they handed it over) and I’ve reached out to BMW corporate twice over the past 2 months with absolutely no response.

I know a lot of people complain about Tesla service but this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
You are boring me now, read my initial post, I said "I would choose the BMW over my model 3 all day long, completely different car and IMO a different league to the model 3". If you are going to try and quote me, get your facts right, I never said ' an all round better EV', Get over being so blinded by things. If you had owned a BMW like myself, you maybe able to form a balanced opinion. I never said my Tesla was a bad car, just not as well built as a BMW. Having owned my Tesla for just over a year, if the BMW's were available then, I may not have chosen a Tesla, I will see what is available when I come to renew.
I look forward to your next 'informative' and interesting reply.

Good lord, try and keep calm! May I remind you of your original post with regard to this thread, and the one to which I felt the need to respond:

I would choose the BMW over my model 3 all day long, completely different car and IMO a different league to the model 3

So this is your idea of a 'balanced opinion' is it? You can respond if you wish, and you probably will, but this is my last post on this matter...

Spanish

....completely failed to educate my mother when they handed it over) and I’ve reached out to BMW corporate twice over the past 2 months with absolutely no response.
How much education do Tesla do? None unless you count a few videos that don't really scratch the service.

I wasn't even shown to my car when I picked up our last Tesla, I was just told its on row 4. I've said it before, I've had better service buying a burger.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, we have a Tesla and a BMW, and I find I can roll up at a BMW dealership and they'll talk to me, we have the app on our petrol BMW and it does just about everything the Tesla one does.

I guess any time software is involved people seem to get vastly different experiences. Some nop issues and everything is good, others find it unuseable. Thats the same when you listen to stories of Tesla autopilot, wipers, headlights, customer service etc.

How much education do Tesla do? None unless you count a few videos that don't really scratch the service.

I guess it’s been a while since we got our M3 but at our handover we had a group class on getting to know the car, how to charge and how to pair our phone keys, etc.

My diesel BMW app is working for one that I own, but we can’t create a new account for my mother for her iX which is something nobody at BMW seems interested in helping with.