Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Needed, How to file a complaint to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I recently purchased a new Model 3, and during the new car delivery inspection, I found a few issues, some are serious issues and some are less. I can now understand why there are alot of complaints about the cheap quality against Model 3 online. I have already scheduled an service appointment. However, send in a brand new vehicle with ~50 miles for a service? This never happended to me before and its hard to accept this.
So, I need your help and let know how to file a complaint regarding my issues. Preferrably a email or online. I have already drafted a complaint and would like to send it to someone that can help me out with my issues. Thank you all for the time.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 1,024
  • IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 861
Reactions: Vitold
you can send a note through your tesla account (ironically, through the "request help" button), but I am not sure what you expect other than either to air your grievances, or for them to say "sorry to hear that, lets get you scheduled for service".

You would really only have a complaint that someone might listen to at tesla if you took it in for service, and they could not fix it. I have had to take a new BMW back to be fixed shortly after purchase, and even had to have one bought back after it was unable to be fixed with electrical issues. So, yes " send a brand new car with less than 50 miles to service" is the proper first step, since you took delivery of the car.

1. Why accept a car which had "serious issues" at delivery inspection?
2. What are those photos we're looking at?
3. Why not just take the car back to the place you took delivery, as Garlan suggested, and ask the issues to be resolved?
4. If you have doubts about the car's quality, why buy it in the first place?
I tried and asked if the issues can be resolved the same day, and answer was no and I have to schedule an appointment for service.
the picure that you look at are Rear Passenger Door, it caused by door alignment. I do not have doubt about the quality at the beginning, and all these issues was found after I paid the car and on the pickup date.

I tried and asked if the issues can be resolved the same day, and answer was no and I have to schedule an appointment for service.
the picure that you look at are Rear Passenger Door, it caused by door alignment. I do not have doubt about the quality at the beginning, and all these issues was found after I paid the car and on the pickup date.

1.Take it back. 2.Give them your letter. 3. See what they say.

Many of us have done it.

Many of us are happy.

Hello All,

I recently purchased a new Model 3, and during the new car delivery inspection, I found a few issues, some are serious issues and some are less. I can now understand why there are alot of complaints about the cheap quality against Model 3 online. I have already scheduled an service appointment. However, send in a brand new vehicle with ~50 miles for a service? This never happended to me before and its hard to accept this.
So, I need your help and let know how to file a complaint regarding my issues. Preferrably a email or online. I have already drafted a complaint and would like to send it to someone that can help me out with my issues. Thank you all for the time.

What is your complaint exactly?

What is your complaint exactly?

If I were to guess, it would probably be something like:

====================
"I bought this car and noticed all these issues after I bought it. I expect better from a brand new car, and its inexcusable that I have to take a brand new car back to service so soon after I bought it to get things fixed that should have not been like this in the first place.

I have owned many other nice cars like (insert brand A, B and C) and never had to deal with anything like this. Tesla really needs to get its act together, and I expect this to be fixed by (insert date), to my total and complete satisfaction". Quality of this level should not be tolerated!"

====================

or therabouts.

If I were to guess, it would probably be something like:

====================
"I bought this car and noticed all these issues after I bought it. I expect better from a brand new car, and its inexcusable that I have to take a brand new car back to service so soon after I bought it to get things fixed that should have not been like this in the first place.

I have owned many other nice cars like (insert brand A, B and C) and never had to deal with anything like this. Tesla really needs to get its act together, and I expect this to be fixed by (insert date), to my total and complete satisfaction". Quality of this level should not be tolerated!"

====================

or therabouts.

It’s almost as if he was completely helpless! They forced him to take it!

If they were so bad he could have refused delivery. He didn’t. So now he complains that he has to take the car in (not sure what other option there is) to get it fixed and that it’s not soon enough.

Again, I’m not really sure what the complaint is.

It’s almost as if he was completely helpless! They forced him to take it!

If they were so bad he could have refused delivery. He didn’t. So now he complains that he has to take the car in (not sure what other option there is) to get it fixed and that it’s not soon enough.

Again, I’m not really sure what the complaint is.

It's pretty obvious what his complaint is, you seem to just be very set on not accepting that sometimes these cars are delivered in non-ideal shape and often people either don't notice when taking a rushed delivery (emotions do run high) or are told to get them fixed later.

If OP feels that it isn't right for this car to be delivered in this condition than it is totally his right to send them a note, don't give him a hard time for that.

It's pretty obvious what his complaint is, you seem to just be very set on not accepting that sometimes these cars are delivered in non-ideal shape and often people either don't notice when taking a rushed delivery (emotions do run high) or are told to get them fixed later.

If OP feels that it isn't right for this car to be delivered in this condition than it is totally his right to send them a note, don't give him a hard time for that.

I agree with the fact that someone can find these things after taking delivery. The thing I dont understand that OP is saying is "Send a brand new vehicle with less than 50 miles to service?". Things happen, the time to complain is when they dont make you whole or they cant fix it (or dont acknowledge whatever you think is the issue).

Getting it home and then wanting to escalate a letter to someone before you even try to get it fixed is a waste of time, but might make someone feel better.

Every company delivers cars with things that have to be remedied...it’s called a punch list. Seems like he is complaining about not having a perfect car. Ok. If he wanted a perfect car, don’t accept the less than perfect car. But it’s seems odd to accept a less than perfect car and then decide to complain about it when there was another remedy.

I think writing Tesla a letter is a great way to approach the issue. I do not know exactly what the photos are however I presume OP thinks that it should have been caught in QC. Letting Tesla know about the issues it’s the best way to help the company grow.

Reactions: outdoors
Why do people on this forum like to blame the buyer when Tesla hands them a flaming turd at delivery?

I have never had to run through any other vehicle I’ve purchased with a fine toothed comb to ensure it was acceptable. The dealership does that for you. Tesla should be embarrassed with their QC.
Cause most buyers at this point understand they are buying from a startup.

You chose to buy a car from a company on the brink of bankruptcy and then expect perfection.

Seems like a bit of expectation management is in order.

Why do people on this forum like to blame the buyer when Tesla hands them a flaming turd at delivery?

I have never had to run through any other vehicle I’ve purchased with a fine toothed comb to ensure it was acceptable. The dealership does that for you. Tesla should be embarrassed with their QC.

And you believe that this guy and/or his car represents Tesla's QC?

How many cars are they delivering every week?

Tesla doesn’t “hand over” a car to a buyer... the buyer is supposed to inspect it and either “accept/reject” the purchased vehicle... nobody at Tesla forcing the OP to take a crappy car. Not diminishing the issues listed by OP... but 100% blame to Tesla isn’t fair.

Cause most buyers at this point understand they are buying from a startup.

You chose to buy a car from a company on the brink of bankruptcy and then expect perfection.

Seems like a bit of expectation management is in order.

Tesla is not a startup at this point. They have been producing vehicles for 10 years.

Stop excusing their terrible behavior.

Reactions: Petrocelli