Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Newbie WTB 2015 P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought mine three weeks ago after looking for many months.
2015 with 42,800 miles on it. Really near perfect condition. upgraded interior lighting, air suspension, pano roof, new gen seats, 21" silver wheels already powder coated black the first week I had it, upgraded stereo, pretty much everything except the cold weather package for 62K and I feel great about it. The one thing you may or may not think about is that, depending on who you talk to, the original owner is the only one that can purchase the extended warranty so yours may or may not end at 50K miles. I chose to pay for the original owner to get the extended warranty and I gave him the money to do it, they charged him 4250.00 instead of the 4750.00 it says he should have paid. Many will argue that it is not necessary and just put the 4K aside if anything goes wrong. I chose to have the peace of mind and include the extended warranty. Don't get a 1 accident car or a fleet lease if you can avoid it as it will lower your resale by at least 5 to 10K. Good luck! Oh, I also paid the owner 150.00 to take it to Tesla service center and they gave it a once over, and allowed me to call them and speak to the tech that did the inspection to let me know what kind of condition it was in. I bought it sight unseen more or less. FaceTime does not tell all the story.
IMG_1026.JPG

Reactions: Don TLR and P85_DA
I just took delivery last week of a 2015 85D and absolutely love it! It only has 15k miles so price was a little higher than similar vehicles. All upgrades except for cold weather (I live in ATL) and 21" wheels which I didn't want. I bought through Tesla so have extra warranty (similar to CPO programs). Near perfect condition.

The prices you mentioned are definitely in the ballpark of what I would expect and do agree, you are looking at the best value for the dollar.

I just took delivery last week of a 2015 85D and absolutely love it! It only has 15k miles so price was a little higher than similar vehicles. All upgrades except for cold weather (I live in ATL) and 21" wheels which I didn't want. I bought through Tesla so have extra warranty (similar to CPO programs). Near perfect condition.

The prices you mentioned are definitely in the ballpark of what I would expect and do agree, you are looking at the best value for the dollar.

One more note - if you enjoy music at all, the premium audio is AH-mazing!