Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HEPA air filter - noticeable difference?

Did HEPA air filter in Tesla make noticeable improvement?

• Yes, even without activating Bioweapon Defense Mode

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Only when turning on Bioweapon Defense Mode

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, didn't notice difference from other cars

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming that you rarely activate Bioweapon Defense Mode, so I'm more interested in how effectively the HEPA air filter performs on a normal basis with just the normal A/C on.

Particularly if you have allergies (to pollen or dust), do you experience noticeable difference (less sneezing or congestion) in your HEPA-filtered Tesla versus the normal air filters in other automobiles?

I just tried a home air purifier with HEPA for the first time last night, and had one of the better sleeps in a long time. But still trying to justify if worth getting in Tesla.

Thanks for your help!

I had a refreshed S90D delivered about a month ago and did not pay for the premium upgrade package - still shipped with the HEPA filter though! I have no access to the Bioweapon Defense Mode though.

So I think for your purpose of just running it without defense mode the best play is to not order it but still reap the benefits.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
I had a refreshed S90D delivered about a month ago and did not pay for the premium upgrade package - still shipped with the HEPA filter though! I have no access to the Bioweapon Defense Mode though.

So I think for your purpose of just running it without defense mode the best play is to not order it but still reap the benefits.

How do you know it has the HEPA filter?

Bioweapon also involves other filters - I've read articles about a pair of activated carbon filters as well, there may be more - do you have those, too?

I saw a 90D with the feature added and my frunk has the same space used for this massive filter - it has to be there (otherwise they would have shipped a full sized frunk). Not sure on the carbon filters though...

Actually, we've been told that all post refresh Model Ss will have the same size frunk regardless of equipment (including rear drive cars without the big filter.) That means there's a fair amount of wasted space in some cars they aren't giving you access to, which sucks.

Actually, we've been told that all post refresh Model Ss will have the same size frunk regardless of equipment (including rear drive cars without the big filter.) That means there's a fair amount of wasted space in some cars they aren't giving you access to, which sucks.
Bad news! I was considering some kind of upgrade charge to have it installed...

Maybe if they offer it as an add-on some day