Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HEPA Filter Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got quote for hepa replacement. $295 + $43 for labor. Will definitely diy if I need to do it next time.
If your 12V battery is more than 3 years old you can knock that out while you're at it. The facelift MS battery is right there for easy replacing once you lift the frunk tub out. I did my hepa replacement in about 1 1/2 hours with a good chunk of the time cutting out the glue from the filter holder.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
If your 12V battery is more than 3 years old you can knock that out while you're at it. The facelift MS battery is right there for easy replacing once you lift the frunk tub out. I did my hepa replacement in about 1 1/2 hours with a good chunk of the time cutting out the glue from the filter holder.
I bought my 2018 S used from Tesla back in 10/2022 when it had approx. 45k on it, and not sure what service records were kept. Assuming the battery was the same do you think I should replace mine at now 58k miles?

I bought my 2018 S used from Tesla back in 10/2022 when it had approx. 45k on it, and not sure what service records were kept. Assuming the battery was the same do you think I should replace mine at now 58k miles?
Our original 12V battery lasted more than 6 years. At 6.5 years I replaced it proactively even though there were no warnings. I didn't want to get stranded and at 6.5 years old it seemed like I would be on borrowed time.

Our original 12V battery lasted more than 6 years. At 6.5 years I replaced it proactively even though there were no warnings. I didn't want to get stranded and at 6.5 years old it seemed like I would be on borrowed time.
If you don't mind me asking, did you do this yourself? I had read that others purchasing the aftermarket Ohmmu one started seeing errors months later due in part to Tesla updates. And their "fix" was to disconnect/reconnect which is kinda a pain to do. Not even sure if Tesla allows you to install your own OEM one...

If you don't mind me asking, did you do this yourself? I had read that others purchasing the aftermarket Ohmmu one started seeing errors months later due in part to Tesla updates. And their "fix" was to disconnect/reconnect which is kinda a pain to do. Not even sure if Tesla allows you to install your own OEM one...
No, Tesla Mobile Service did it. Cost was reasonable.

Sorry, just saw this...you'll eventually get a warning on your dash that the 12V battery needs replacement. Mine lasted 6.5 years so if you're on the original battery it probably will need replacing soon. The 12V battery was $165 from Tesla and they charged $70 labor back in Dec. 2022.