Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here it is the new Tesla Maps ( coming this weekend? )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a screenshot of that message? (Not that I don’t believe you, I’m just curious to see what it looks like.)

Thanks,

Bruce.
Here’s what it looks like on a 3.
A26B032D-5ADD-4A3A-9D00-C26699B05201.jpeg

Here’s what it looks like on a 3.
View attachment 292953
This is different.

Old nav gets the "traffic data" (really, data from Inrix about how fast stuff moves, accidents and such) as well (same source too). Just no visible message when there's no internet connection (which is kind of obvious that you won't get any traffic updates without one).

• Informative
Reactions: croman
This is different.

Old nav gets the "traffic data" (really, data from Inrix about how fast stuff moves, accidents and such) as well (same source too). Just no visible message when there's no internet connection (which is kind of obvious that you won't get any traffic updates without one).
Uhm, it's quite visible on the old nav - all the map tiles on the main screen are grey - no map updating until you regain internet connectivity. Also, while the cell strength signal is usually hidden while there is cell connection, when the connection is lost the cell signal strength indicator doesn't hide. At least that was true about a year ago when I traveled through some places without cell coverage.

PS> 1 car with old MCU, 1 car with new MCU, connected every day to reliable WiFi on decently fast internet (75/75Mbps), cars stay connected according to the router, but no new maps on either. I don't particularly care that much, just mentioning as some people seem to be tracking what cars get the new maps.

Since we don't have the new nav software yet on our S P85 or S 100D, I'm going only by the screen shots posted by others.

There's a new navigation setting enabling "online routing", which would indicate NAV 2.0 is using a cloud navigation server (when internet is available). This server should have access to up-to-date maps (from Google or another source), solving the major problem with the current system's reliance on 2+ year old navigation map data.

Assuming routing will be done using the online server, except when explicitly disabled by the driver in settings or when internet isn't available, then that means (for S/X) the onboard map database may only be used for maps being displayed on the dashboard (unless they've also shifted to using the Google road maps for the dashboard map).

The onboard map database should have little value for S/X, and possibly no value for 3's, except when internet isn't available, and the car has to have some map data for routing. Though I'd be concerned if EAP/FSD ever relied on out-of-date offline map data...

Hopefully we'll get a chance to experience the navigation system on one of our Tesla cars soon...

I think your missing the point, the car can’t even store 32gb of downloaded data, so who the heck cares how fast your WiFi is?

I think that's the bigger problem. If the data is accurate, it probably means the car is stuck in a loop downloading or uploading something over and over again.

It might be worth reaching out to SC / customer service. 32GB of data transfer in a few days is more than most people use for Netflix binging.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I think that's the bigger problem. If the data is accurate, it probably means the car is stuck in a loop downloading or uploading something over and over again.

It might be worth reaching out to SC / customer service. 32GB of data transfer in a few days is more than most people use for Netflix binging.

I think it’s p0rn, just saying....