Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, I’m a short seller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said he was a "pot smoking poor excuse for a CEO." Someone who takes a puff once and then says he doesn't care for it is hardly a "pot smoking" anything.

F5B285C9-2442-4F6D-B4AB-28E616107E4B.jpeg

You said he was a "pot smoking poor excuse for a CEO." Someone who takes a puff once and then says he doesn't care for it is hardly a "pot smoking" anything.

I think you'd have a hard time finding a CEO of any big legacy company that does not drink alcohol, which is far worse.

Musk has plenty of flaws, as does every human being. Being a pot smoker is not one of them. And what his companies have accomplished is evidence enough that he is a competent CEO. And unlike most CEOs, who would sell their own mother to the knacker plant if it would make some profit and earn them a quarterly bonus, Musk has a vision to make the world a better place by electrifying transportation.

But I am biased because both of my Teslas have been fantastic cars.
We agree on one thing. They are fantastic cars. My Model X was amazing and had it not been for the replacement parts chaos I would still own it.

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
You find that sentiment common, I find that increasingly rare. Thats the difference. You look for dirt.
certainly confirmation bias exists.

Let me qualify it, i often see "I love my Tesla" I rarely see "I hate my tesla", in fact i have never seen it (i never see i hate my camry either but whatever).

What I find common, is in the population of "My Tesla is constantly being serviced" I also find "I love my car" somewhere in the narrative.

If anything it's a positive (for now) for Tesla. I just find the sentiment interesting.

My case was simple. Windshield cracked from rock hit. Had to order a new one through Tesla and it took 42 days for the glass to get to the shop. I saw another model X there waiting for a new hood and from facia. It had been there 62 days waiting for parts. Those kind of numbers don't work for me so I sold it. The guy who bought it got hit a week later and it was in shop for over two months waiting for parts to make it drivable again.

Yes, it is very well known that great people had their quirks and craziness (most likely you cannot have one without another so you simply have to put up with it). For example, there was that one guy that discovered certain set of laws describing how gravity influences bodies. Same guy also wasted 20 years of his life on alchemy. We are so nice we don't put it in school textbooks.
That's naive non-first principle thinking. Nothing wrong with Alchemy.
We just need to learn to break and rebuild atoms. Easy-peasy after that.
Give it few years.

It's really easy to explain. The negatives are very minor. The positives are very major and massively outweigh the negatives.
Those lacking imagination or resistant to change will not get it until they own one.

certainly confirmation bias exists.

Let me qualify it, i often see "I love my Tesla" I rarely see "I hate my tesla", in fact i have never seen it (i never see i hate my camry either but whatever).

What I find common, is in the population of "My Tesla is constantly being serviced" I also find "I love my car" somewhere in the narrative.

If anything it's a positive (for now) for Tesla. I just find the sentiment interesting.

Reactions: hcsharp and neroden
Alchemy: the medieval forerunner of chemistry, based on the supposed transformation of matter. It was concerned particularly with attempts to convert base metals into gold or to find a universal elixir.

Fission/ fusion: transformation of matter.

You are stretching it to ridiculous point. Alchemy has nothing to do with fission/fusion, period. Unless you are claiming middle-ages alchemists were trying to create philosophical stone with particle accelerators. You know this is how alchemists wanted to transform lead into gold, right? By some made up magical stone, not by hitting some particles with other?

I am not interested in techniques that will transform one gram of matter in milion lat or something like that. And no, yours "give it a few years" is not enough to achieve commercially viable status of current methods.

• Disagree
Reactions: Anstandswauwau
You are stretching it to ridiculous point. Alchemy has nothing to do with fission/fusion, period. Unless you are claiming middle-ages alchemists were trying to create philosophical stone with particle accelerators. You know this is how alchemists wanted to transform lead into gold, right? By some made up magical stone, not by hitting some particles with other?

I am not interested in techniques that will transform one gram of matter in milion lat or something like that. And no, yours "give it a few years" is not enough to achieve commercially viable status of current methods.

I'm not @Zhelko Dimic ...
Were alchemists dealing in radiation? Likely not. Was radioactive decay something that would have fulfilled their goals? Yes

Minor typo: it was the Philosopher's Stone (the title of the first Harry Potter book outside of the US)
Philosopher's stone, in Western alchemy, an unknown substance, also called “the tincture” or “the powder,” sought by alchemists for its supposed ability to transform base metals into precious ones, especially gold and silver.

Given it was an unknown substance that would change Mercury to Gold, and you can do that with a neutron emitter, a substance that emits high levels of neutrons would fit the primary definition.
As to the elixir of life part, it would also cause or treat tumors, but you would likely live longer not messing with it...;)
Marie Curie - Wikipedia

In a parallel, shorts want to transform TSLA to cash by selling it now and buying it later. Will this turn out to be another dead end?

I have no problems with shorts. It's like betting against your hometown sports team because you think they will lose. I do have problems with a lot of the Tesla shorts. They are like the guy who bets against the hometown team and then sends a pretty girl with the flue into the locker room to kiss all of the guys in the hope that they will get sick and guarantee a loss. Seeking Alpha is an example. The lack of balance caused me to stop reading their articles. I saw the Cramer video where he discusses how any decent hedge fund manager manipulates stocks so he can short them. If the SEC took their charter seriously, people doing that would be locked up. While I didn't like Musk's 420 post, it wasn't even vaguely close to what the shorts have done.

I've shorted this stock since it

Yep i think it's time to lock in the profits. I've shorted it when it was at $330. Didn't feel too great when it shot up to $370 but I'm glad I held it.
This makes you an intelligent shorter. A rare breed!

Like SR22pilot, I've got no problem with a swing-trading short-seller like you. My hat's off to your volatility-reading.

By contrast, the stock manipulators who think Tesla will go bankrupt are loons.