Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High-Five to the 2.52.22 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it amazing that identical software and hardware behaves so differently. I've never once experienced truck lust personally and others report other different beahaviour(s). Clearly we all drive in different locations but still you would think something like truck lust would be fairly generic.

It may depend on they type of truck as they are not all the same. Does it have the aero wings on the side? Those might prevent it. Does it have reflective tape down the side on the bottom of the trailer? That could confuse AP into thinking those were lane lines.

No, but when everybody is special no one is special.

I agree with the principle in general but it doesn't apply to my example for which you cited it. I said to praise the A students and the student who went from a D to a B. I didn't say to praise "everybody". The vast majority of people are in the F to B- range. I never said to praise them although my personal view is that it's not the mark that deserves praise but working to your potential. So a C+ student who struggles and works hard to get that mark is more deserving of praise than the A student for whom it comes naturally with minimal effort, in my view.

Clever, thanks!
I doubt I'll ever hit that limit again, but it's good to know.

I am sure I will hit the 90mp/h limit of AP again. I was quite frustrated the other day when I realised that this automatic disable of AP will block it from enabling again!
In ver 7.1 this was not the case, and I got no other warnings like "hold steering wheel". Just one time driving to fast for AP and you are out. I guess I will disable it on my own if I want to overtake something fast while on AP in the future. (you can drive easily 120mp/h in germany without speeding)

Good to know that I can reset the block with a reboot!

I said to praise the A students and the student who went from a D to a B. I didn't say to praise "everybody". The vast majority of people are in the F to B- range. I never said to praise them although my personal view is that it's not the mark that deserves praise but working to your potential.

I think you just hit on why some people are often frustrated with Tesla firmware releases.

Tesla has done so much home-run hitting so often that when we see something that is obviously not up to snuff, we take it as Tesla not working up to their potential.

They wrote software to basically allow the cars to drive themselves! That's amazing! So when they then release firmware that doesn't do something as simple as retain equalizer settings, or when they release firmware that limits charging on Model S to what the Model X is limited to (what was it--72 amps?), we view that as examples of massively not working up to their potential.

They have set a high bar. The problem with setting a high bar is that people expect you to clear it.

Ah, it did reset it to +0. I usually think of that as just the chime/display warning. Not actually over riding AP. I'll check it next time I'm on the road now that I upped it.
I had the same problem. But can confirm it works.

It seems weird that they'd link the two of these together.

The part that annoys me now is that each time I activate AP, it sets the speed to +5mph over the speed limit. I'm not really complaining, ok maybe a little, but I'd like to be able to set AP to the speed limit and then still increase it to +5mph on undivided roads if I so wish.

Max, you can adjust the speed
touch Controls > Settings > Driver Assistance > Speed Limit Warning
To add/subtract in increments of 5 mph only shift the stalk up or down for each increment
I realize that, it's just something to adjust to.

If I set my speed limit warning to 0mph, I can not go +5mph on undivided highways, but AP works as I'm used to/as I like. If I set my speed limit warning to +5mph, I can go +5mph on undivided highways, but works not as I'm used to.

That's all I'm saying. It's odd they'd link these two unrelated features under the same button.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex and Andyw2100
So a C+ student who struggles and works hard to get that mark is more deserving of praise than the A student for whom it comes naturally with minimal effort, in my view.

Hard no. You're ill preparing both of them for a real world in which effort matters not a single iota, but results do.

The A student needs to be re-affirmed that they're on the right path, where the C+ student may need to re-evaluate their choices of subjects considering how badly they do for the amount of effort they put in.

If somebody only praised me for what I was bad at but put effort into, I would be working at McDonalds today with decent poetry skills.

although on the other hand you may not have ended up as a soulless asshole who thinks money is the sole measure of one's own worth, and that being skilled at the creation of poetry is somehow beneath you.

Missing the point. I sucked at poetry and didn't suck at things that came easy to me.

If I was only encouraged when I was 'trying hard' at something even though the results were abysmal, rather than encouraged to do that what I was actually good at, THAT would have been a problem.

If a kid is bad at math and excell at poetry - he should absolutely be encouraged to pursue poetry - otherwise the reverse is going to happen - he'll end up working at McDonalds with so-so math skills. (And substitude 'McDonalds' here for 'not your dream job').