Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitched beep on unlocking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same 4 beeps when I unlock. Happened after last update,

What date/model is your car? We were thinking only older cars were affected (My 2019 M3 SR+ is affected.) Just wait for your mirrors to be halfway to fully extended before fully opening the door and you won't get the beeps i.e. pause about 1.5 seconds after the initial unlocking click.

What date/model is your car? We were thinking only older cars were affected (My 2019 M3 SR+ is affected.) Just wait for your mirrors to be halfway to fully extended before fully opening the door and you won't get the beeps i.e. pause about 1.5 seconds after the initial unlocking click.
Surely the easier workaround is just to wake the car with the app - especially in the morning?
I usually have sentry on when in non-home locations, so the car will already be awake.

It’s a known issue. Here is the latest response from Tesla (I have a 2020 M3LR);

“I will pass this information to the team to investigate further. There is no permanent resolution yet and the team is working on it as we speak, it will be fixed during a furute over the air firmware update.”

We've (well I have) been talking about this on one of the software update threads and it seems to be earlier cars. Not that knowing actually cures the issue, but my speculation was pre Ryzen cars have the problem, others think its 2020 and before, maybe that's US built or pre heatpump, although struggling with a logical reason why the heat pump might be the cause unless it changes the startup sequence.

It's a fault with the latest software update they pushed out to the cars - seems that the car doesn't recognise the phone key and disable the alarm quick enough when you open the door after it's been sleeping - you can prevent it going off by pressing the handle, waiting till you hear the car click into life before pulling the door open if you don't want to annoy the neighbours until Tesla fix it!
Oh that’s great to know. Thanks very much. I don’t need to do anything then, just wait for an update to fix it! Thanks again 😊