Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Higher price on Model S 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a cold call from my local tesla store rep introducing themselves (seems to have some staff changeover) asking about if I've given thought to purchasing a vehicle.

I said yes but asked them if they knew anything about the 60 price hike coming. I was told that it will happen and it is $2k. Pushes me towards cpo prices with AP 0.0 and I'm okay with that.

Just thought I'd share my experience to the thread.

I think it's quite funny that when I ordered my S60 two years ago, it was seen as a bit of a pariah - hardly anybody bought it, opting for the 85 instead

In fact, it was in such low demand that my timeline from ordering to delivery was around three months!

Personally, I think the 60 has always been the 'hidden gem' bargain - and the best car I've ever owned

I looked ito a Tesla a couple of years ago and would have bought an 85 then. Didn't get one until August 16 and bought a 60. The difference is the charging infrastructure today can support a 60 where two years ago it couldn't

So your point is that Elon wants to make money, except that the money is to contribute to his goals rather than to keep it in the bank. Given Elon's goals such as Mars colonization, Elon's goal must be to make trillions at least.

Good point! Maybe not trillions but a lot. Still, I think he's enough of a realist to know that he does have to make things work here first.

I looked ito a Tesla a couple of years ago and would have bought an 85 then. Didn't get one until August 16 and bought a 60. The difference is the charging infrastructure today can support a 60 where two years ago it couldn't
My thinking exactly. . . . As the superchargers increase, the need for a larger and larger battery diminishes (for most peoples needs) . I bought a 60 almost 2 years ago and road trips have gotten exponentially easier as the SC gaps have been filled in. Trips that I couldn't do before in winter unless I wanted to do a 2 hour L2 stop, I can now do with a 20 min SC stop, and that makes all the difference to me. More and more parking garages offer L2 charging now as well in larger cities, so I use them as well, which further reduces charging time during the way home.

Reactions: Aieukl378
...tesla is planing to higher the price on the base model of Model S with $2000 by November 22. Why they will do that isn't shared thought so we could only guess.
What are your theories?

There's this thing called "economics."

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 3.51.34 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV
I think it's quite funny that when I ordered my S60 two years ago, it was seen as a bit of a pariah - hardly anybody bought it, opting for the 85 instead

In fact, it was in such low demand that my timeline from ordering to delivery was around three months!

Personally, I think the 60 has always been the 'hidden gem' bargain - and the best car I've ever owned
Now even more since you can order the 60D version and always have the option to "upgrade" the battery with a proverbial swipe of the credit card.

Now even more since you can order the 60D version and always have the option to "upgrade" the battery with a proverbial swipe of the credit card.
Hmmm... are you suggesting a new feature to include a credit card reader in the Model S? "Ludicrous for a day - $500", "extra 15KWh of battery capacity, $300/day, $1000/week, $3000 per month, Lifetime $11000"? ;)

Reactions: jelloslug

You got that right!