Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw VIN 874 at work today.. Midnight silver on sports wheels with black leather seats. That's in Newport Beach CA. Car was actually parked all day so maybe it belongs to someone who works in the same building as I do.

First impression is the car looks very gorgeous, better than I was expecting. I would argue it looks better than the model S. The model S suddenly feels oversized after seeing this.
Small correction, the seat material is not leather. It is a synthetic material that is like leather. All Tesla seats (not counting the textile multi-pattern version) have been made out of this material for the last year or so.

That is promizing indeed. Although its easy to make fake entries in that sheet its now #3 with a VIN above or equal to 1600. We can also assume that more are out there who dont know about the sheet or are not as adicted to online Forums as we guys are.....

Every positive news is welcome and this is one for sure. However an exponential growth
is still not visible to me and pending.

Small correction, the seat material is not leather. It is a synthetic material that is like leather. All Tesla seats (not counting the textile multi-pattern version) have been made out of this material for the last year or so.
Really? I thought the only vegan leather option was the ultra white seats. That's a big news for me because my wife primarily wanted the ultra white seats for that reason.

VIN 2077 spotted today at Fremont Delivery Center
VIN 2077.jpg

Don't forget that geography also matters, and Tesla/SpaceX has a lot of employees outside California. And in California, many employees may be waiting for the 35k USD version.

There have been quite a few deliveries outside of california, and have been from early in the process. I think the conversion rate from reservations -> actual orders is going to be no more than 25% until the cheap versions come out, if ever. It's easy to put down a thousand bucks just in case, but ordering the actual car is a diff story for a lot of people.

I was under the impression that there were close to 10K or more Tesla and Space X employee reservations before customer orders and if only 2K were built so far, what ever happened to the rest?

Maybe they are waiting for a $35k version. Or maybe AWD, or maybe the performance version, or maybe until a towing package is offered, or maybe until their finances are ready.

There are many reasons for those 10k people to delay actually ordering their Model 3.

Last edited: