Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do realize why all those model threes are sitting there don't you?

Every one of the videos that showed the center console did not have a lighter plugged into the 12 V outlet. That's what's missing from the car so they can't ship it to non employees !

Elon must've designed a 12 V lighter that is more advanced than any other car company has ever had. That's why their holding all the cars until the new lighter is ready.
/S

Photo's and videos so far aren't showing ramp....they are showing cars parked.
Remember when there were no cars parked? Now there are cars. Do you also remember that the ramp is not a straight line but a curve? We are in the early part of the ramp. Yes it's behind schedule, as most of us always knew it would be. Tesla is almost always behind schedule.

Are you working today? Are the delivery centers even open?

I wouldn't worry too much for cars not moving too much during this week or next. Even Tesla employees have life and family, or so I've heard. Maybe finally they get to see them after long production hell.
Wait, what?! We can't let people get in the way of making the world a better place, uhh ...., for people. We need the Alien Dreadnought delivery center ASAP.

• Funny
Reactions: Ugliest1
On my delivery Friday, spotted 6 Tesla carriers in different locations while driving up and back on 101 (Monterey Peninsula to Fremont).
I drive this often and see Tesla carriers quite frequently over the last several years. But these had a majority of M3's (although hard to see exact amount when carrier going opposite direction)

Remember when there were no cars parked? Now there are cars. Do you also remember that the ramp is not a straight line but a curve? We are in the early part of the ramp. Yes it's behind schedule, as most of us always knew it would be. Tesla is almost always behind schedule.

Tesla is 4 months behind being 2 years early.

My VIN is #2547, so since 2545 was delivered, does that mean mine should be ready for delivery now? Haven't gotten the call to schedule delivery.

Don't try to figure it out - it'll only make your head hurt. No rhyme or reason (well, maybe a reason but we wouldn't understand or believe it)

My theory is they are done in batches but I can't say what the prime link is for that. May be color, battery size, HUD's - who knows. My VIN is close to another reported VIN of the same color. But just a few numbers below that is a different color.

I'm thinking that at the start of the production line there is a little old lady seated, smoking a cigar and in front of her is a glass bowl full of balls with the current batch of available VINs attached. A bell rings and she blindly pulls out one ball and then announces it into this old nostalgia style microphone which causes a resounding screeching feedback throughout the plant that is so distorted that no one can understand it. But its only purpose is to wake up the workers that get no breaks during their 21 hour shifts.

Well, hubby took home #2502 today and is beside himself. I am so happy. He has been very wary of my adoration of Tesla but now that he's part of the fam, he seems to get it. He's been grinning all evening.
IMG_1405.jpg
The girls were really excited as well!
Edit: Yes, the frunk was open; that's not a panel gap. Only a slight issue with front bumper which they fixed in a few minutes and the front USBs weren't connected which was also easy to fix.