Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got the Midnight Silver with the 19" wheels and EAP. I would say Tesla must be working weekends.

I need to correct my post: we got a VIN in two days not the car.
Now I get to go through the Rail Transportation torture and delivery of it.
I suggest flying out and taking a road trip back!

We got the Midnight Silver with the 19" wheels and EAP. I would say Tesla must be working weekends.

I need to correct my post: we got a VIN in two days not the car.
Now I get to go through the Rail Transportation torture and delivery of it.

Interesting. I suspect they may be bumping up the higher margin builds in priority. My config is aero wheels with no EAP. I configured on 3/5 and still no VIN. I only live 90 minutes from the Fremont factory and put my reservation at a store in person at 10:03am on 3/31/16 but I don't think any of that factors into whatever priority they have going. Been checking my Tesla account obsessively the last few days.

Something I'm noticing is that customers who takes delivery late in the window like in week 6 are getting much earlier VINs than those that receive their VIN soon after configuring. Might be possible that they are reworking the cars?

Saw 15 Model 3s today at Raleigh Service. All colors. VINs from 4xxx to 152x4. Half a dozen or so were in the 13xxx range.
upload_2018-4-10_0-22-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-10_0-14-57.png
    upload_2018-4-10_0-14-57.png
    245 KB · Views: 40
Your pick up location is the limiting factor. States/locations that are not as impacted are able to accommodate a quicker VIN assignment. Super busy delivery centers seem to cause up to 4 or 6 week waits before they can squeeze another VIN in....This is causing long VIN waits for Southern California and the Bay area ...

Interesting. I suspect they may be bumping up the higher margin builds in priority. My config is aero wheels with no EAP. I configured on 3/5 and still no VIN. I only live 90 minutes from the Fremont factory and put my reservation at a store in person at 10:03am on 3/31/16 but I don't think any of that factors into whatever priority they have going. Been checking my Tesla account obsessively the last few days.

Something I'm noticing is that customers who takes delivery late in the window like in week 6 are getting much earlier VINs than those that receive their VIN soon after configuring. Might be possible that they are reworking the cars?

I have no idea what there doing on this sequence. I was also a first day reservation 3/31 at 10:30 AM. Like the S I thing they maybe pushing cars East at the beginning of the quarter.

Saw 15 Model 3s today at Raleigh Service. All colors. VINs from 4xxx to 152x4. Half a dozen or so were in the 13xxx range.
View attachment 292991

This makes me wonder see a vin this high on the east coast. Makes me think there running batches and shipping east unsold, right off the line. The reason I say this is Tysons had a load of 6 Model 3's all identical arrive at the dealership Same color as what I ordered, in fact that is why we changed colors. They were sharp looking cars. I wonder if there speculating on what sells best and just building ans shipping this way. Don't know why a 4000 vin would still be around. Was it a new car on untagged?

Was VIN 4xxx marked for delivery? How could this one have been sitting around for so long? I sure wouldn’t want to take delivery of a vehicle that had been produced months before I ordered.
Can't remember about the 4xxx car, but there were definitely cars with VINs 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx, 10xxx, 11xxx, 12xxx all ready for delivery (i.e., plastic still on steering wheel and door handles). Quite a range.

There were 2-3 cars marked with colored tape, presumably with some issue. Maybe the 4xxx was one of those. Mostly I was there to check out the colors I hadn't seen.

Just because the VIN is low does not mean that the car was also built early.
Tesla seems to be awarding the VIN directly after the order.
But if a customer puts his order back, which was possible, he retains his VIN.
Was with my first Model S synonymous.
I got the VIN 19183, but then my vehicle was put back months and even got a VIN upgrade because it became a 2014 vehicle.
But the VIN stayed the same.

i'd like to see a person who says, nothing wrong with car but because its vin 4xxx, i refuse delivery.
I would verify with Tesla the build date of my car. If I ordered a car in April, I wouldn't want a Dec 2017 built 3 that had to have been reworked at an SC. Sounds too much like a refurbished car rather than "new". Also, that's the only saving grace of having waited so long to take delivery - the cars produced now have fewer issues (e.g. springs) than the first few off the line back in Nov/Dec.

i'd like to see a person who says, nothing wrong with car but because its vin 4xxx, i refuse delivery.

I would check the build date and refuse delivery if the car had just been sitting in a lot for a few months. First off, the build quality generally improves over time so I wouldn’t want an earlier build that has a greater chance of failures (learned this the hard way as a Sig S owner). Secondly, the battery degrades and I wouldn’t have any knowledge of the conditions under which the vehicle was stored.

Reactions: McFlurri
I would verify with Tesla the build date of my car. If I ordered a car in April, I wouldn't want a Dec 2017 built 3 that had to have been reworked at an SC. Sounds too much like a refurbished car rather than "new". Also, that's the only saving grace of having waited so long to take delivery - the cars produced now have fewer issues (e.g. springs) than the first few off the line back in Nov/Dec.
You don't think that occurs at other OEM's?