Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think this is accurate, but saw this on Teslarati: "While it’s still unclear if Tesla has begun to dig itself out of “deep production hell“, recent sightings of Model 3 vehicles bearing VINs in the thousands suggests that the company is starting to step through the ramp portion of its “S-curve”."

Am I missing something? Per the above, I thought we were only at 521.

They are reporting something as news they don't understand.

Tesla recently registered more VINs... there are still no sightings of a VIN # over 521.

Wow can't believe we are still sitting at only 521!
This is very bad news and could be disastrous for the stock short term if the Oct numbers are this poor.
I'll use it as a buying opportunity but still.
Will see what Musk has to say next week on the earnings call.
I see on his twitter looks like Musk was partying pretty hard with friends on a Weds night.
I would think if the Model 3 line was shut down he'd be 110% focused on fixing the problems so I don't think it is that bad.
Unless of course it's SO bad that he just said "Fu*k it..let's go get hammered guys!"

Or, they have delivered more cars in the three weeks since they made the announcement of the 220 they delivered in the third quarter..
That would be a stretch.....looking at all of the tweets from Elon about production Hell.

OR, maybe you are right. Maybe they delivered a ton of cars which would explain the following "Non Production Hell video. lol - I did say lol.

camping.jpg

Tesla Model 3: Elon Musk hints at ‘production hell’ at battery Gigafactory in Nevada

Last edited:
Based on the 2 threads in TMC (production M3 pics and highest VIN), and 1 thread on M3OC (highest VIN), I've compiled the following VINs that have been sighted, and when they were 1st spotted. I might have missed a few since I didn't click on all the links with images to actual car or the sticker with VIN on them, also I generally trust people's personal accounts without photos.

SN Sighted
1 7/18/2017
3 7/21/2017
5 7/30/2017
6 8/6/2017
<snip>

Based on the numbers provided, I made a rough analysis on the # of unique VINs in the wild, the maximum known VIN and an extrapolation of deliveries based on a delivery-to-#unique-VINs-multiplier as of October (which is approx. 3.6).

See this picture:
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 13.21.36.png

Basically, maximum VIN doesn't say that much and, as we know the actual number of deliveries in Q3 AND the number of reported VINs in the wild, we can be quite accurate on the current # of deliveries.

So as of late October, I surmise that there have been 300 deliveries.

Keep on reporting those VINs, even if they're not the highest encountered so far! Every unique VIN helps!

Based on the numbers provided, I made a rough analysis on the # of unique VINs in the wild, the maximum known VIN and an extrapolation of deliveries based on a delivery-to-#unique-VINs-multiplier as of October (which is approx. 3.6).

See this picture:
View attachment 256439

Basically, maximum VIN doesn't say that much and, as we know the actual number of deliveries in Q3 AND the number of reported VINs in the wild, we can be quite accurate on the current # of deliveries.

So as of late October, I surmise that there have been 300 deliveries.

Keep on reporting those VINs, even if they're not the highest encountered so far! Every unique VIN helps!
LOL. Elegant. Unfortunately garbage in, garbage out.

Reactions: Runt8
If the highest VIN is 521, and they've delivered 1/2 that number through 9/30, seems probable that the next 260 cars completed and delivered will be <521.
Right, but the fact that we've still not seen anything above 521 since September 30 means that they've made another 260 at MOST in October, which means the second month in a row now that the ramp hasn't begun like it was meant to. In other words, they're almost a full 2 months behind schedule.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
This seems pretty promising, on Oct 27, someone had reported up to vin 2145. When I checked these 9 vins had been registered, but vin 2147+ were valid but not registered yet. I spot checked down to vin 2584 from 2639, and from 2147-2151 and they are registered as of today!

Since they keep the every 10 or so vins not being valid and/or registered it would seem they added (registered) about 443 vehicles since yesterday and 9 the day before.