Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

highest VIN number in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats Ray! When you say 'Received notice' was it via e-mail or phone call or My Tesla? I'm VIN 50411 with a scheduled delivery of 12th September (to the east coast) but haven't heard anything recently.

Here's what I received via email:

We were experiencing some delays in production and cars are coming off the assembly line later than originally planned. Your Model S was originally scheduled to come off the line last week but it it’s been moved to next week. This will require us to push your Model S delivery back a bit. I’m expecting your vehicle to arrive in Cincinnati by the third week of September.

For now I’m reserving time on September 16th. Please note that delivery dates are always tentative dates since all cars are built to order, changes in production may occur that require us to adjust the estimated date of delivery. This date can be narrowed down more specifically once your car is en-route from the Tesla Factory in Fremont, CA.

We understand that this may be an inconvenience and we are committed to delivering your car as soon as possible. In the meantime, we’d like to express our appreciation for your support and patience as we get back up to speed.

Guess it's coming to Cincinnati but doesn't make much difference since I'm in indy.

I am VIN 50406 with a deliver scheduled in Milford, CT. My original delivery date from Tesla was September 12th. I have not received any indication of delay however my dashboard still indicates sourcing parts. Additionally, I needed to delay pickup due to work related travel so I am now scheduled for September 20th (I guess I gave Tesla some breathing room.)

I am VIN 50406 with a deliver scheduled in Milford, CT. My original delivery date from Tesla was September 12th. I have not received any indication of delay however my dashboard still indicates sourcing parts. Additionally, I needed to delay pickup due to work related travel so I am now scheduled for September 20th (I guess I gave Tesla some breathing room.)

Awww, you were the closest to me shelbri! VINs only 5 apart, fellow east-coaster, delivery same day.....

Oh well, I hope with your work delay you get your car exactly on the date you now want!

Ok, well, maybe it is just a new status. I must admit I like this one better than Sourcing Parts. Having been in Sourcing Parts since June, it gave the impression that the factory doesn't have everything necessary to build my car and that they may just use whatever is lying around to deliver on time.

Changes in status give me the impression things are moving forward. If they aren't, I'm happy with the illusion for now. At least it didn't change to: Delayed due to inability to find all the parts.

Last 2 posts made me nervous, as I am VIN 53,358 and was not in production as of last night. However, this morning my dashboard changed---Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

Delivery Date of 9/29 in Chicago