Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a bear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't imagine hitting a deer let alone a bear. Hard to tell from the photo but looked like a young one. Wonder how much it weighed, at least several hundred pounds so not surprised the airbags deployed. From the damage to the front of the Model 3 looks like it was struck mid-center on the car.

Don't think we have heard back from the OP and hope he/she will post again with an update on how they are doing. Also about fate of their new car. That's a tough one to go through.

Ugh, I feel for you. I had my M3 for a month before a kid with a text to answer clipped me. Less visible damage, but almost every airbag deployed.

Be ready to drive something else for a while, my repair took 7 months.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
Ugh, I feel for you. I had my M3 for a month before a kid with a text to answer clipped me. Less visible damage, but almost every airbag deployed.

Be ready to drive something else for a while, my repair took 7 months.
Let’s hope not. Parts delivery is getting better for the Model 3. At least that was my and a friend’s recent experience.

It will not raise insurance rates.

This is a comprehensive claim, as you say. However, any claim has the potential to raise rates. Obviously lack of collision with a vehicle is good as far as the insurance company is concerned. But it is possible you are doing higher risk driving if you hit animals more often, and the premium may reflect that.

This is a comprehensive claim, as you say. However, any claim has the potential to raise rates. Obviously lack of collision with a vehicle is good as far as the insurance company is concerned. But it is possible you are doing higher risk driving if you hit animals more often, and the premium may reflect that.

Generally speaking, a comp claim won’t affect rates, but you are right, repeated comp claims could potentially lead to a rate increase. Just like repeated not-at-fault accidents can.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life