Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a deer, where was the driver assisted features?

Have you hit anything with your AP2.0 car, and did you get a warning or did the car assist?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t agree with this. It’s exactly the situation where autonomous systems should excel (speaking in general) - constantly gather and process data faster than human reaction times, with no distractions or inattention.

If these cars are converging on autonomous operation, they need to deal with situations like this, which aren’t much different than an adult pedestrian stepping out in front of the car (another bag of water, lol) or the harder case of a little kid running in front of the car.

No you are wrong no system can predicate when a animal will either decide to freeze or dart out randomly. At best it can tell you that there is a deer near by.

A mature FSD system will react much faster than a human could, and will reduce the number of accidents. But no system will ever be able to prevent all accidents. There are physical limits to how fast a car can stop, and if an animal or person jumps in front of the car within its minimum stopping zone, no system will be able to stop in time.

"Hit a deer, where was the driver assisted features?"

Autopilot didn't see it? Maybe the animal was blind? I really have no eye deer.

Also, if it was injured and also couldn't move.... I think still no eye deer if you ask me.

• Funny
Reactions: AmpedRealtor