Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. V11 was already released as the user interface of the new Model S and Model X vehicles, but now it is making its way to Model 3 and Model Y vehicles.

Tesla releases rare blog about v11 holiday update with a surprise for non-Tesla owners
I was unclear. Did they update the Model S with "a minor update very soon with one click screen buttons". If the older instance of V11 is unchanged I wouldn't expect the Model 3/Y to be changed. Of course per TeslaFi there are an inconsequential number of models S and X so the level of complaints is presumably lower.

I was unclear. Did they update the Model S with "a minor update very soon with one click screen buttons". If the older instance of V11 is unchanged I wouldn't expect the Model 3/Y to be changed. Of course per TeslaFi there are an inconsequential number of models S and X so the level of complaints is presumably lower.
Perhaps this will clarify the changes.

2021.44.25.2 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

Perhaps this will clarify the changes.
Since I started with V10 and switched to V11 I'm aware of the changes from 10 to 11 so let me try again. It was suggested that (perhaps because of all the complaints) Tesla would shortly make some changes to 2021.44.25.2. If they didn't already make those changes for the Model S (and X?) I don't expect Tesla to make them for the Model 3/Y. It's not the case that V11 is a brand-new never seen before UI.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vin_L
Since I started with V10 and switched to V11 I'm aware of the changes from 10 to 11 so let me try again. It was suggested that (perhaps because of all the complaints) Tesla would shortly make some changes to 2021.44.25.2. If they didn't already make those changes for the Model S (and X?) I don't expect Tesla to make them for the Model 3/Y. It's not the case that V11 is a brand-new never seen before UI.
I don't know.

In the navigation pane you are able to toggle between north up and direction traveling up when you are not actively following a route, but when you are using the navigation it just shows the full route on the the visualization. Has anyone found a way to toggle to north up or direction from the full route visualization?

In the navigation pane you are able to toggle between north up and direction traveling up when you are not actively following a route, but when you are using the navigation it just shows the full route on the the visualization. Has anyone found a way to toggle to north up or direction from the full route visualization?
Just tap anywhere on the navigation screen and the toggle/nav bar will appear up top.

Has anyone figured out how to see which passenger doesn't have their seat belt on after swiping the now small box away other then having someone shift their weight or unbuckle as the driver? This is the only tile that I miss from where the tire pressure and odometer previously were.

Reactions: na5m
I absolutely hate this update, and if anything it has made me regret the decision to go with car even more. Important features such as defrost/defog use to be at least somewhat convenient on the main screen. I did understand a lot of reviewers who complained about the lack of physical controls, some things are not best left to a screen. Now I have to take my eyes off the road to hunt through menus to get to something?

I also find that I do not seem to have the mini menu on the far left above controls. Touching that icon just brings up the full menu, so no quick control access. I use to appreciate having the direct control of the seat heaters on the main screen. Now I have to touch the temperature which turns that on whether I wanted it on or not, and there find the seat heaters, defog/defrost.

After everything this update just leaves me with one big F***k You Tesla. This may be the final straw as I have been considering selling this POS and seeing what is available (Polestar? Mercedes EQB?). Last week twice the cabin heat failed on me, and I think with this POS update it may be enough. Did I mention this car has one of the worst & most uncomfortable rides of any car I have ever owned or drive long term. My 2002 Saab with worn down struts is more comfortable ride. WTF were they thinking putting this suspension?

Holiday V11 update is total crap. Tesla has no business revamping what I rely on to operate the car’s important features.
If they’re gonna do this at least offer a ”classic” display option to keep things like they were.
No need to change everything, just add the new feature. Yeah side view cam with turn signal is good, so make it an option, but don’t change the look of everything. You Can’t even tell the car has heated seats now….it’s stupid. If I sat down in this car for the first time I’d look at the screen and think it looks like a hodge-podge android phone that’s impossible to figure out.
Vs. an IOS that anyone young or old can pick up and be comfortable with in an instant.
Tesla, Nice job screwing up something I really liked.

oh yeah, like I really wanted to wear out my mirror motors, window motors, and hatch lift, with a “light show”. Hey y’all watch my car do an electrical glitch on demand. I paid extra for that!

Totally agree. Voice commands aren’t always reliable.
Nor are they available to the passenger. That was taken away in one of the first UI updates I've had to live through.

And for those of you who say "You'll adjust", tell that to my husband who hasn't adjusted to me touching the steering wheel button while he's driving, or got use to me asking him, over and over, to give me voice control.

No - the butthole command disappeared a few updates ago...
Or you tried to use it somewhere without internet connectivity. The same reason why defrost and seat heaters and a host of other "just use the voice command" items won't work for those of us trying to actually drive our cars instead of amusing our immature friends with the host of Uranus jokes our cars offer us.

Last edited: