Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla voice commands have always been the easiest way to access many of the Tesla vehicle functions. Learn a dozen or so of the voice commands and this will enhance the user experience as you interact with the Tesla vehicle.

The voice command "Tire Pressure" no longer works in V11. Instead, you can use the voice command "Display Service Settings."
Else you can just brood.

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
That extra step to select driver profile is super annoying. If only there were a weight sensor under the drivers seat that can differentiate between my wife’s weight and my extra 50lbs.
Do you guys use your own phones or key cards to access the car? You can set it up so that whoever opens the door, the seat will automatically adjust to that driver's profile. I didn't set it up on the new version, but it was carried over from the previous version. I'm sure it's the same way to do it but may look different on the screen now.
Somewhere in control- locks - keys, there's an icon of a person. You click that when you have selected your driver profile, and key. Then same for your wife's phone/key/driver profile.
I just snipped a random image on google so you get an idea on what you need to look for.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 58
Ugh. Here's the thing about "You'll get used to it"...Hertz just bought, what, 125,000 of these? You shouldn't have to read a manual to operate a car if you've owned another one for years. I'm fine with the soft buttons, but if something was on the wheel of legacy ICE vehicles they need to have obvious "soft" buttons on the immediate screen. Window defrost, for example, needs to be immediately available. It's a safety thing.

Seriously, no driver profile name on the top? That's straight up crazy. half the time my wife and I have to manually change our profile. We keep our phones with range of the car, just in their normal place by the door or bedside table, so the car is often confused.

Nope, not installing the update.
You dont think this is perhaps an over-reaction? I agree that the profiles move is probably a more questionable choice by Tesla, but giving up all the new features and Ui just because an extra tap is involved when you get in the car? Really?

• Disagree
Reactions: PatP and Canyonero
Ugh. Here's the thing about "You'll get used to it"...Hertz just bought, what, 125,000 of these? You shouldn't have to read a manual to operate a car if you've owned another one for years. I'm fine with the soft buttons, but if something was on the wheel of legacy ICE vehicles they need to have obvious "soft" buttons on the immediate screen. Window defrost, for example, needs to be immediately available. It's a safety thing.
I think that was a false rumor.

where is the update? last I heard, there was NO sales contract, just more StupidTweets from the richest clown in the world.

• Disagree
Reactions: Big Earl and Vin_L
You dont think this is perhaps an over-reaction? I agree that the profiles move is probably a more questionable choice by Tesla, but giving up all the new features and Ui just because an extra tap is involved when you get in the car? Really?
1. You actually have to tap to see who it's set to.
2. If my daughter (5-2) and I (6-1) both walk up to the car, it's 50/50 on which it sets to. If it starts going to hers, I get smashed into the wheel. (no, we can't set a priority driver, we all take turns all the time. 5 drivers).

Is it a huge problem? No. Easy to fix it. Should I have to? Seriously?

All the rest are just simple failures. BMW doesn't change out your dash with the latest version, moving everything around, just for the hell of it.

Wipers, defrost and seat heaters actually matter. They need to be always accessible.

And it's not about the appearance of the UI, I couldn't care less. Just give me back those 3, and I'll be happy, no big deal to learn where everything else moved.

If you say you love the new UI, but you agree there needs to be some adjustments for basic functionality, then what do you actually love? The aesthetics?

Wheeeeee!!!!!!!

1. You actually have to tap to see who it's set to.
2. If my daughter (5-2) and I (6-1) both walk up to the car, it's 50/50 on which it sets to. If it starts going to hers, I get smashed into the wheel. (no, we can't set a priority driver, we all take turns all the time. 5 drivers).

Is it a huge problem? No. Easy to fix it. Should I have to? Seriously?

All the rest are just simple failures. BMW doesn't change out your dash with the latest version, moving everything around, just for the hell of it.

Wipers, defrost and seat heaters actually matter. They need to be always accessible.

And it's not about the appearance of the UI, I couldn't care less. Just give me back those 3, and I'll be happy, no big deal to learn where everything else moved.

If you say you love the new UI, but you agree there needs to be some adjustments fir basic functionality, then what do you actually love? The aesthetics?

Wheeeeee!!!!!!!
Guys, in short, the new UI is ‘Windows Vista‘ bad. 😏

I am not sure why people would love a two step process vs a single step one, but that’s their own personality.

There are safety issues here. Especially the defrost button. It is not auto.

Wipers - on auto don’t work well.

Seat heaters - let me choose which ones are on, to decrease energy consumption when I really need to.

Removing those buttons did nothing to improve the user experience. At all.

👏👏👏

The pizza thing is hilarious, and it happened to me 3 days ago! I was wondering why in the world the windshield fogged up that fast until I glanced at the 2 hot pizza boxes in the passenger seat and saw steam rising out of them. 😄

While talking about dead spaces, let me also bring up another pet peeve of mine - the right scroll wheel. When not using AP, it’s along for the ride. It could have been the multifunction scroll wheel like in my S, but no.

Really, Tesla UX is the bottom of the barrel, considering they have the resources to hire the best talent available to them in the Bay Area. Seriously needs a major overhaul of that department. Not gonna happen, though. I’m sure.
The large pizza boxes from dominos fit perfectly into the frunk. Did that last week to prevent car from smelling like food for a day.

I really like the new update. With that being said I’m predicting a minor update very soon with one click screen buttons for the people that have issues with doing the two clicks.
I sure hope so - that could easily solve a lot of issues. I'm unclear about how Tesla is aware of user complaints. I doubt they're reading this forum or tweets to Elon to Tesla. I scoured their website for a way to contact them about submitting a complaint or suggestions and couldn't find anything, so I wrote them a long message under the topic 'interested in purchasing a power wall' or something like that. I guess we just wait.

Edit: one potentially good thing I have noticed is that I have more regen given the temps here (fewer dots) than before the update. Will need more time to confirm this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimt29