Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S3XY1138, your profile says you joined 2021 in April. I don't use heated seats on my P90D 2016 Model S. I have no need for them with custom Sheep Skins covers. BTW, I've been a member since July 2014 when I bought my 1st Model S.​

LOL. This is the TMC equivalent of saying "Yeah, but I was into that band when they were still playing little clubs!"

So in conclusion to this thread, it’s comforting to know that the consensus here is clearly v11 > v10 by a long shot when common sense and understanding is taken into account.….

Funny how false narratives have to be created when their believers are trapped in "information bubbles" and confirmation bias. Pushing falsehoods …
Hit an all time high during 2016-2020.
The above is no different.

FYI we are in V11. How many versions came before? Lol. Should not be news that Teslas UI are constantly changing. Did you not know this before your purchase?
I've been through 5 major versions. I won't see the sixth.
EDIT, to clarify: I'm not saying this to be inflammatory. It's just that I didn't know when I bought in 2015. Although the car is physically the same as when I bought it, the user experience has changed dramatically and, in my opinion, for the worse. Against my will. I won't be buying another Tesla for that reason. Tesla is losing customers, especially their early adopters. Eventually the cachet will wear off the Tesla brand.

Last edited:
I've been through 5 major versions. I won't see the sixth.
EDIT, to clarify: I'm not saying this to be inflammatory. It's just that I didn't know when I bought in 2015. Although the car is physically the same as when I bought it, the user experience has changed dramatically and, in my opinion, for the worse. Against my will. I won't be buying another Tesla for that reason. Tesla is losing customers, especially their early adopters. Eventually the cachet will wear off the Tesla brand.
Sadly, I think Elon Musk will only make it worse. But who knows, maybe the interface will improve and somehow everyone will win

• Funny
Reactions: hcdavis3 and Xdama
So in conclusion to this thread, it’s comforting to know that the consensus here is clearly v11 > v10 by a long shot when common sense and understanding is taken into account. Ease of access and automation to make using the interface far superior to its predecessor and continuous improvements to FSD are all moves in the right direction. Growing pains are expected as we’re seeing, but Tesla still has the safest cars on the market BY FAR as the stats speak for themselves. Everyone is coming around slowly but surely as they learn the better way of doing things and let go of the archaic ways of the past version. Great thing for those trying to nitpick at the UI, v11 will continue to improve, v12 will be here one day, and hey, there are plenty of other subpar cars on the market to complain about when all else fails. So mega kudos to the Tesla UI engineers for taking a bold step in the right direction knowing there would be some pushback from people set in their ways. Out with the old and in with the new. Take the red pill, accept it, and move on. More change is coming…so buckle up in the safest car on the market and enjoy the ride!
Wow. just wow - I think I understand a lot of your posts now. It's time for you to go to bed Elon.

I hope the seat heater buttons are somehow moved 3 clicks away.
Says the person from California who doesn’t need seat heaters. What about the rest of us in the US and Canada who do?

This member is clearly a sycophant who believes all is good in Teslaworld and they can do no wrong.

I second the opinion: this new UI sux.

This has nothing to do with the thread and exactly why it should be locked. Just because you don’t agree and many don’t agree with you. It’s ok bud, Keep your politics out of it and enjoy v11, it's outstanding.
And if false narratives, information bubbles and confirmation bias weren’t enough, here comes the cancel-culture efforts.
How quicky they expose themselves.

And if false narratives, information bubbles and confirmation bias weren’t enough, here comes the cancel-culture efforts.
How quicky they expose themselves.
You're hysterical, take it easy there pal... it's supposed to be a helpful message board, this above is comical at best. No one is cancelling anyone, you just can't seem to handle someone's difference in opinion. It's also not a false narrative, there's an entire board related to actually enjoying and liking v11. Heck, there are YouTube videos on it, here's just one of many below...

Haha, I know you want everyone to agree with you but that's just not going to happen. Move on... it's ok... try being helpful and a bit respectful, none of this has to do with politics, nor should it... But since you went there, Tesla did a great job at making their software great again with v11... it's a YUGE improvement!

Why strip all the audio sources out of the music player, and then give no direct access to the music player itself?
Then if you happen to find, and then identify, one of the 18 or so new cheesy icons as a music source, and select one….
you get a music player where you have to tap to open a source menu to see all the redundant sources.
That’s better?
That is just darn crazy backwards crap.
How would the in-initiated even know how to access the audio system?

Darn simple and intuitive before. Music Note . Touch it or slide over it. Everything there.

Before, One glance I could see dash-cam status, sentry-mode status, cell-signal strength, user profile, even WiFi. No effort whatsoever.
Now I have no idea what the status is of those. And now select something to find out? That’s better ?
Not to mention how they ruined the climate controls.

When all quick controls are lumped together with square boxes, crowded together and touching. That’s poor design.

Why strip all the audio sources out of the music player, and then give no direct access to the music player itself?
Then if you happen to find, and then identify, one of the 18 or so new cheesy icons as a music source, and select one….
you get a music player where you have to tap to open a source menu to see all the redundant sources.
That’s better?
That is just darn crazy backwards crap.
How would the in-initiated even know how to access the audio system?

Darn simple and intuitive before. Music Note . Touch it or slide over it. Everything there.

Before, One glance I could see dash-cam status, sentry-mode status, cell-signal strength, user profile, even WiFi. No effort whatsoever.
Now I have no idea what the status is of those. And now select something to find out? That’s better ?
Not to mention how they ruined the climate controls.

When all quick controls are lumped together with square boxes, crowded together and touching. That’s poor design.
Wish I said that..

I don’t know about that. He often responds to Twitter question/comments. How many CEOs have done that?
Exactly.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 1.27.20 PM.png