Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. So here's Google's translation of the media control section:

The location of the media controls within the display has been moved closer to the driver's seat for easier operation by the driver. Swipe up to access 'Favorites and Recents' and 'Sources'. Swipe left or right to view odometer and tire pressure information as well.​

This is a teaser. If it turns out we swipe on a visible object then it'll be more usable and obvious than the old cards UI and the audio playback timeline.

I'm looking forward to it.
Stop, you're making me hopeful! Not sure how I feel about that :)

Yes. So here's Google's translation of the media control section:

The location of the media controls within the display has been moved closer to the driver's seat for easier operation by the driver. Swipe up to access 'Favorites and Recents' and 'Sources'. Swipe left or right to view odometer and tire pressure information as well.​

This is a teaser. If it turns out we swipe on a visible object then it'll be more usable and obvious than the old cards UI and the audio playback timeline.

I'm looking forward to it.

im just looking forward to a useable track bar. on a RHD car you trigger the AC evertime you pull it on a song...

Reactions: sleepydoc
I love the option to change the fan speed while still keeping the system on auto otherwise. Same should hold for vent and intake selections hopefully.
NotaTeslaApp says this will now be an option. I thought I wanted this too, but isn't fan speed the main thing that allowed auto to be... auto? I don't see how increasing would be an issue, but if you decrease the fan speed enough it may not be able to reach the target temp, which I believe is the biggest function of auto.

I used to use only manual, but I mostly use auto now. It's come a long way in recent updates and I love how it constantly adjusts vent selection, A/C, recirculate, fan speed, all based on interior vs. exterior conditions. I assume it does this partly to maintain optimal health of the whole system (e.g. preventing moisture buildup), so I let it do its thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
NotaTeslaApp says this will now be an option. I thought I wanted this too, but isn't fan speed the main thing that allowed auto to be... auto? I don't see how increasing would be an issue, but if you decrease the fan speed enough it may not be able to reach the target temp, which I believe is the biggest function of auto.
A sophisticated system like the Tesla HVAC is able to vary much more than just the fan speed to achieve the temperature set point. What it actually does, I have no idea, but certainly it can change the temperature of the air coming out of the vents by blending hot and cold air. It actually has two separate coils in the air handler for this and they can and do work simultaneously.

It can also regulate the compressor duty cycle to lower the evaporator (cooling) coil temperature I suppose if it wanted to. In addition to controlling the supply air temperature it can source the air from either inside or outside which impacts the loading. So if the fan speed was restricted to be lower than it would typically be, the system could still achieve the requested temperature by making the supply air colder. Likewise, if the fan speed was manually set higher than where auto would have it the system could make the supply air a little less cold, so even though there would be a greater volume of air flowing out the vents it would be less chilled.

This is the mode I want to try. I have been rather unhappy with my MYLR climate control, and I think that if I could increase the fan speed to get more air flowing while still allowing the system to automatically adjust the supply temp, humidity, source, and vent selections it might feel better. It's a hope anyway.

Aside from the cards making a comeback, potential from the mini media player app, and navigation gui updates, and the auto-climate fan setting override - this mythical 2022.44.25 is shaping up to be another huge letdown.

Another push of features and GUI changes along the lines of single-stack vision-only hardware config.
Maybe there is a glimpse of 2023 refresh hardware buried in there somewhere.

Hopefully they don't label this as v12 - v11.1 will be more fitting. Ugh.

Can't wait for the 2GB+ download to get stuck at 50% for a good few hours for the CRC integrity checks on Dec-31st when the car finally pulls this update after 90% of cars pull it across the globe.

Latest Im seeing across the interwebz is a wider push of this update on Dec-22nd.

• Disagree
Reactions: moa999 and Ther0ck
Aside from the cards making a comeback, potential from the mini media player app, and navigation gui updates, and the auto-climate fan setting override - this mythical 2022.44.25 is shaping up to be another huge letdown.

Another push of features and GUI changes along the lines of single-stack vision-only hardware config.

Can't wait for the 2GB+ download to get stuck at 50% for a good few hours for the CRC integrity checks on Dec-31st when the car finally pulls this update after 90% of cars pull it across the globe.

Latest Im seeing across the interwebz is a wider push of this update on Dec-22nd.
A holiday update that actually makes things better? That sounds amazing and exactly what I want, and far better then the crap we have gotten for the last two years in the 3/Y. Not that I am necessarily expecting it to be good though given recent past performance. But I am excited to see it. At this point I am far more excited by the prospect of a better UI then some added cruft that has nothing to do with the car being a car (light show, farting, games, etc). Fun things are fine but not something I really care about, especially at the expense of a good CAR experience.

geez mega debbie downer much?

After the big punch in the balls that was V11, I'll be holding off on this until it's been thoroughly run through the guinea pig mill before I dare to install it. Still running 2022.12.3.2 and not looking to trade that for the next piece of untested garbage to slide down the chute unless there's a pretty much unanimous thumbs up...

Also, the cards aren't really back unless they include an efficiency\economy card...

After the big punch in the balls that was V11, I'll be holding off on this until it's been thoroughly run through the guinea pig mill before I dare to install it. Still running 2022.12.3.2 and not looking to trade that for the next piece of untested garbage to slide down the chute unless there's a pretty much unanimous thumbs up...

Also, the cards aren't really back unless they include an efficiency\economy card...
Agreed, nothing in this update is compelling enough to "upgrade" from 2022.20.8 and giving up radar going into the winter season.