Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny, I find auto seat heaters too warm. I like the initial warmup but I would want them to shut off as soon as the seat has reached my target temp^, no more otherwise I feel sick. Other people here complain that they don't warm enough. It just shows that automatic things are hard to get right for everyone. We'd need a configuration for what automatic should do on our personal profile :)

It's funny, I find auto seat heaters too warm. I like the initial warmup but I would want them to shut off as soon as the seat has reached my target temp^, no more otherwise I feel sick. Other people here complain that they don't warm enough. It just shows that automatic things are hard to get right for everyone. We'd need a configuration for what automatic should do on our personal profile :)
It's not that they are hard to get right for everyone, something like this is fundamentally IMPOSSIBLE to get right for everyone. Clearly it works well for some, but not for all. Like you say, some different profiles might help. But for many of us, we would just like a way to turn off the auto feature and have it stay off forever.

It's not that they are hard to get right for everyone, something like this is fundamentally IMPOSSIBLE to get right for everyone. Clearly it works well for some, but not for all. Like you say, some different profiles might help. But for many of us, we would just like a way to turn off the auto feature and have it stay off forever.
Like me. Auto never leaves them on long enough for me.

It's not automatic because you did not pay for FSD.
Disagree. I have had EAP since day 1, paid for FSD three years ago, and have had the FSD computer for two years. Unfortunately, my car has never automatically adjusted the AP set speed based on speed limit signs, which it does read and display correctly on my screen. The only time I have had it slow down based on perceived speed limits is on stretches of highway where it suddenly and erroneously thinks it is on an off-ramp or surface street, likely due to mapping errors combined with insufficient GPS precision. That kind of slowdown is highly undesirable.

Doesn't for me and many others. I'll make a video, and maybe we can figure out what's different in your car.
Another agree on this. I have full paid FSD, but not yet FSD beta. On my 2021 MYLR. I have repeatable behavior of turning onto roads where the speed limit signs say 45, but the map, or whatever default limit is in place, has it at 35 or whatever. If I re-engage AP In that state, I can't spin it up beyond that incorrect limit plus offset.

When I get to the speed limit sign, AP will recognize the "new" limit but will not raise the set speed by itself. However that is the poin at which I can manually spin it up to the marked speed plus offset. (I was unaware of the single-click stalk method, so I'll try that soon.)

It only response automatically to a changed speed limit that is lower than the current set speed, not if it's higher. It will lower the speed if it sees a sign as mentioned above, or if the map data tells it that it has entered a section with a lower speed limit. (Again, said map data may not be correct.)

Another agree on this. I have full paid FSD, but not yet FSD beta. On my 2021 MYLR. I have repeatable behavior of turning onto roads where the speed limit signs say 45, but the map, or whatever default limit is in place, has it at 35 or whatever. If I re-engage AP In that state, I can't spin it up beyond that incorrect limit plus offset.

When I get to the speed limit sign, AP will recognize the "new" limit but will not raise the set speed by itself. However that is the poin at which I can manually spin it up to the marked speed plus offset. (I was unaware of the single-click stalk method, so I'll try that soon.)

It only response automatically to a changed speed limit that is lower than the current set speed, not if it's higher. It will lower the speed if it sees a sign as mentioned above, or if the map data tells it that it has entered a section with a lower speed limit. (Again, said map data may not be correct.)
Do you have NOA enabled? I don't know if it matters, but I never disable NOA. When NOA is active, the car adjusts max speed based on reading signs. Unless the sign is blocked by another vehicle, it is rare for my car not to read the sign and adjust my max speed accordingly. This was the case before I had FSDb, so that should not be a factor. As I say, the only time that I do not use NOA is when bad weather causes NOA to drop into AP.

1 easy fix....able to turn off passenger vent when someone sitting there :)
I'd also like a setting for the opposite of this in the summer -- default to having the passenger vent on for AC. On triple digit days, it simply doesn't cool the car if the passenger vent is turned off so I have to manually turn it on when driving by myself (which is at least 90% of the time).

Do you have NOA enabled? I don't know if it matters, but I never disable NOA. When NOA is active, the car adjusts max speed based on reading signs. Unless the sign is blocked by another vehicle, it is rare for my car not to read the sign and adjust my max speed accordingly. This was the case before I had FSDb, so that should not be a factor. As I say, the only time that I do not use NOA is when bad weather causes NOA to drop into AP.
This behavior is not in NoA territory i.e. freeway. FSD-AP on suburban multi-lane roads with traffic-light intersections.

I'd also like a setting for the opposite of this in the summer -- default to having the passenger vent on for AC. On triple digit days, it simply doesn't cool the car if the passenger vent is turned off so I have to manually turn it on when driving by myself (which is at least 90% of the time).
at least it's able to do manually

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Looks like Korea got an early release...
(Or a Tesla account has posted an early summary)

A few of those still pining for the V10 cards with tyre pressure and odos will like these changes.

Summary in English. See link for some graphics.

Auto turn signal
Turn signals are automatically deactivated when a lane change, branch or merge is complete.

Contact lookup and check phone call transfer
For privacy reasons, the vehicle requests confirmation of call transmission before the phone call is routed to the vehicle audio.

Fan speed control
The automatic temperature control function, which was automatically released when the fan speed was adjusted, now maintains the Auto status and allows you to select the desired fan speed (LO, MED, HI).

Dog mode
The safety of pets remaining in the vehicle can be checked in real time through the indoor camera. With Dog Mode or Surveillance Mode enabled, check the indoor cameras through the Tesla App.

Show route guidance
The readability of the map on the touchscreen has been improved. Route guidance has also been redesigned to emphasize the next travel direction. Next turn and lane guidance is displayed at the top of the screen, while information such as estimated travel time and arrival fare has been moved to the bottom.

Media control
The location of the media controls within the display has been moved closer to the driver's seat for easier operation by the driver. Swipe up to access 'Favorites and Recents' and 'Sources'. Swipe left or right to view odometer and tire pressure information as well

Last edited: