Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Tesla's software team is getting more professional.

That page has an English tab with an explanation of the mirror ball and the wind.

> Also, you can now search for contacts directly from your connected Bluetooth device.

Voice input to the car then Contacts search via the Tesla phone app? Yay! Maybe it'll find my wife's contact with the correct spelling.

Looks like Korea got an early release...
(Or a Tesla account has posted an early summary)

A few of those still pining for the V10 cards with tyre pressure and odos will like these changes.

Summary in English. See link for some graphics.

Auto turn signal
Turn signals are automatically deactivated when a lane change, branch or merge is complete.
Don’t we already have Auto turn signals? How is that new, unless I am missing something.

Reactions: PianoAl
If I'm not mistaken Models X and S have this feature already. It may be coming to Models 3 and Y with the holiday update.
You are right. So, something new for Model 3/Y owners. Hope we get much more than the Korean release, like what was previously leaked.

Hope we get more for media controls. To me not a big deal, being able to move down more. Tesla really needs to give us really user chose presets and get rid of recents (most of the time they are not recents) and let us arrange presets/favorites how we want them. BMW does that and it is just awesome. Also larger Album Art too.

It's funny, I find auto seat heaters too warm. I like the initial warmup but I would want them to shut off as soon as the seat has reached my target temp^, no more otherwise I feel sick. Other people here complain that they don't warm enough. It just shows that automatic things are hard to get right for everyone. We'd need a configuration for what automatic should do on our personal profile :)

Depends where you live too. In Queensland, particularly in the south you can get this semi-cool humid 15-20C which doesnt really need any heating from the car but you kinda want the AC running and then have the seatheaters on max. I mean you can blast 24C into the car and its nice and toasty and dehumidified but its kinda a waste of energy.

New navigation UX on Chinese TikTok

Attachments

• 0CAD025B-8210-42D6-BC2E-6F17A3C2D6A5.png
    0CAD025B-8210-42D6-BC2E-6F17A3C2D6A5.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 101
i think it hasnt really been clearly linked but the korean patchnotes are out for the holiday update.

Yes. So here's Google's translation of the media control section:

The location of the media controls within the display has been moved closer to the driver's seat for easier operation by the driver. Swipe up to access 'Favorites and Recents' and 'Sources'. Swipe left or right to view odometer and tire pressure information as well.​

This is a teaser. If it turns out we swipe on a visible object then it'll be more usable and obvious than the old cards UI and the audio playback timeline.

I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: moa999