Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I even deleted the app and reloaded it. I did a SOFT REBOOT too. Guess I will try a HARD REBOOT. That’s the last thing I can think to do. It’s not a show stopper, I’ll live until it gets fixed.
Do you have Notifications turned on in BT settings for the Tesla Model Y? What about Device Type, is it set to Car Stereo (for the BT audio connection, not the Tesla BT key connection)?

How do we send feedback directly? And please don’t say Tweet Elon…
Well, looks like it actually works…

I finally got to take a long 15hr trip with the new UI. There are definite pros and cons with it, but I think its a step in the right direction.

Pro
* Homelink decisively better. Huge button to open the garage appears when you're inside your garage is a major plus and saves me from having to click the tiny homelink icon to open the garage before I leave and close it when I return
* Blinker cameras a welcome and most awaited addition (placement is a con)
* "Controls" page is nice and concise. No scrolling required and a lot of controls available
* App dock. As someone who likes looking at the energy graph, its nice to see I can make it a persistent button. Also nice that its tied to a driver's profile so other people that drive the car can customize their buttons.
* Lightshow. Ok, so I'm really not going to use this a lot, but its cool that Tesla lets your customize a light show.

Con
* Directions when nav is minimized are at the bottom of the screen, this is a step in the wrong direction, they should be up top (where they used to be), my hands get in the way (I drive at 9&3) and I have to glance down/take my eyes off the road
* Blinker camera in bad position, it should also be at the top. My right hand is in the way of the display when I'm at 9&3
* Climate control. Although I dont use it too much, seat heaters should be a primary button (like before), theres enough room down there for 2 seat heater buttons. Also front/rear is a bit odd... is there no way this could fit on 1 page?

Suggestions
* Move the "lights" icons to the upper part of the screen to the right of PRND like the auto-steer icon, this frees up room for...
* Move side blinker cameras to appear above car (not below)
* Move directions to appear above car (not below)
* reinstate seat heater buttons next to the split temp settings

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezlowski
Same gripes as everyone -- I miss the cards with PSI and trip computer. I don't like having to go into the full screen menu for both.

I like the blind spot camera.

I like the customizable launcher but wish there were more option (seat heaters etc)

I wish there was a "music" icon like before. Now, each source has its own icon and there aren't enough spaces for me to have one for each source I use.

I miss the tap to record dashcam button and icons showing that it is recording and the sentry icon.

I generally like the way it looks more though -- the fonts seem clearer and, generally, larger.
Does usb have its own icon?

I will say that I expect to see many used Model 3's and Model Y's hot the market soon. If this completely ruined the car.. vs not getting the update you wished for. True some issues with it. But I still get from point A to Point B. Only problem with all these Model 3/Y's is it will drop the value of my car because having too many available?
otoh, the value of MY car keeps going UP UP UP with each update that I refuse.

any offers on my perfect pre-xmas 2020 update - battery still green, no inside camera code present, no goofs, no bull.

(not serious, but, well, I do wonder if when its time to sell mine, someone might actually WANT this older sw version.)

The blind spot camera is an interesting idea, but there should be some ability to limit it: either above a certain speed or on highways only. It’s distracting and unnecessary on local roads every time you turn.
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere here yet, but... I stumbled into a feature this afternoon, when sitting at a traffic light with my blinker on (which activated the unneeded-at-red-light blind spot monitor). I said "I wish I could swipe it away or something, like this" and swiped down, not expecting anything, and *POOF* the blind spot camera disappeared!

Yes, it comes back next time you activate the turn signal, but this is at least a workaround for times when blind spot camera is unneeded, during prolonged signal use.

Gone, unless you set Dashcam mode to Manual. Then you can save a clip by tapping the Dashcam widget. If you save a clip this way there is no time stamp. You can also set Honk to save to be on. I have read that the voice command :rolleyes: "Save Dashcam Clip" works.

• Helpful
Reactions: DanDi58
Suggestions
* Move the "lights" icons to the upper part of the screen to the right of PRND like the auto-steer icon, this frees up room for...
* Move side blinker cameras to appear above car (not below)
* Move directions to appear above car (not below)
Great points all around. Thinking more about the locations of the blind spot cam and everything else, I wonder if Tesla put them below so you could still see the graphic on the screen which is also helpful in seeing the ’virtual’ cars around you for your blind spot and traffic ahead of you? Just a thought but perhaps it could be moved to the top in a way that doesn‘t interfere with anything else. Good news is that Musk already said lots of additional improvements are coming.

Gone, unless you set Dashcam mode to Manual. Then you can save a clip by tapping the Dashcam widget. If you save a clip this way there is no time stamp. You can also set Honk to save to be on. I have read that the voice command :rolleyes: "Save Dashcam Clip" works.
It’s not gone, it’s in the menu when you tap the car icon on the bottom left of the screen. Then, you’ll see a Dashcam box on the right side of the screen that you can tap to manually save a clip, but if set to auto then it’s constantly recording the last 10 mins of footage. That should really serve it’s purpose.

It’s not gone, it’s in the menu when you tap the car icon on the bottom left of the screen. Then, you’ll see a Dashcam box on the right side of the screen that you can tap to manually save a clip, but if set to auto then it’s constantly recording the last 10 mins of footage. That should really serve it’s purpose.
I meant only that the ability to manually save the Dashcam footage by pressing one button on the main screen is gone. I don't want to have to press the vehicle icon, then press a button within the Dashcam box. In a nod to Ratzo Rizzo, "I'm driv'n here."

• Funny
Reactions: Tezlowski
Still getting used to the UI, but I have to mention that, all the complaints not withstanding, we are finally STARTING to get the ability to customize the screen. A teeny tiny baby step, and like all babies, there will be a few tears shed along the way. Just wish I could put diapers on the car to cushion the blows that will inevitably occur.

I like the blind spot camera, but they are a bit superfluous and can be distracting. In the past, if you put your blinker on and the adjoining lane was not clear, the dotted lane markers turned red. Real easy to see. Now the camera image comes up (the lane markers still turn red if the lane is obstructed) and you have to mentally digest the image, this takes your eyes off the road for longer than necessary. I'm turning this function off.

Reactions: jabloomf1230