Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home made jack pad for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in the Uk we’ve just had a batch of 60 made from high grade Aluminium.

Sold to the UK Owners group members.

We tested 3D printed versions in a lot of different materials and considered them a liability under repeated use and stress. Even when printed on professional machines.

A car slipping of a jack due to failure was a major factor for this judgment call.

Our version fits the model x and model s. It stays in place without introducing magnetic fields near the battery and high voltage cables.

Here is another Aluminum option ... US $21.00:cool:
StreetRays Billet Aluminum Tesla Model S Jack Point / Pad Adapter Tool | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Looks like a solid option and reasonably priced. Ill probably pick one up

I have that exact one. Works great! No complaints.

Some assembly required... you have to put the rubber ring on the teet.

Thanks! I had just reviewed some of the feedback on ebay for the seller and saw a few negative feedback posts stating some of their other items didn't fit. Although I didn't see a feedback comment on this specific item. So I was just wondering if someone else had already tried it with no issues. Thanks for replying!

If I remember correctly, the hole size is different, which is why they sell two specific versions.

I got an email from seller, told me the s and x jack point he is selling is the same!

I just tried to buy one on eBay and got an error: The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.

Is it just me, or has anyone else able to order them recently?

I just tried to buy one on eBay and got an error: The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.

Is it just me, or has anyone else able to order them recently?
I did, no problems, I just tried and it was letting me. Are u trying to ship outside the country, ? I know your profile says Dayton OH.
Or seller requests you have over certain amount of score in your profile.
U can also google their name and buy directly from their website. I hope it helps.

I did, no problems, I just tried and it was letting me. Are u trying to ship outside the country, ? I know your profile says Dayton OH.
Or seller requests you have over certain amount of score in your profile.
U can also google their name and buy directly from their website. I hope it helps.

That's weird - my eBay account has 786 feedback score and shipping address on my account is Dayton OH

I asked a few questions earlier in the week and they responded to all except I never got a response to the last one, so I asked it here on this thread.

I just did a quick look at their website - thanks for that tip! But I didn't see the Jack Points listed on the website. Oh well....

It will stay in place without using magnets near the battery pack and high voltage cables that run down the side of the car.

I'm not sure why using small magnets (or any magnets for that matter) would affect high voltage cables or the battery pack?

Do the high-voltage cables even run down the inside of the rocker panels anywhere near the jack points? I thought they ran down the center of the car. Common sense says to me that Tesla wouldn't run high-voltage cables in a crash-prone area like the rocker panels near each wheel.

I'm not sure why using small magnets (or any magnets for that matter) would affect high voltage cables or the battery pack?

Do the high-voltage cables even run down the inside of the rocker panels anywhere near the jack points? I thought they ran down the center of the car. Common sense says to me that Tesla wouldn't run high-voltage cables in a crash-prone area like the rocker panels near each wheel.
Hi Hank! I agree that the magnets shouldn't interfere with anything.
However, the high voltage cables do run down through the rocker panels; at least on the dual motor 2014/2015 Model S.
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...Motor_Model_S_Emergency_Response_Guide_en.pdf
(see: page 6)