Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HomeLink DIY install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased 1114984-00-A a couple of months ago for $80, relieved to know I can do this myself rather than 'tip' a mobile tech to do it. I believe this part number should work fine, only difference I can tell is that the port is on the other side of the module. Just waiting on the car.

I purchased 1114984-00-A a couple of months ago for $80, relieved to know I can do this myself rather than 'tip' a mobile tech to do it. I believe this part number should work fine, only difference I can tell is that the port is on the other side of the module. Just waiting on the car.
Sadly there is no confirmation that the 1114984-00-A or the 1097814-00-A will work on Model 3 or Y. They are both listed for Model S & X. They do both have the 5 pin connector which is good. Let me know if you get it working!

Sadly there is no confirmation that the 1114984-00-A or the 1097814-00-A will work on Model 3 or Y. They are both listed for Model S & X. They do both have the 5 pin connector which is good. Let me know if you get it working!
Will do! When I pull up 1114984-00-A, it shows compatibility with the S and 3 so I believe it should work. I will update here.

Do you have a picture of the board? I wonder if these things can be reprogrammed with an spi programmer or something
Pictures are on the FCC website. a hacker on github said the flash is in a System on a Chip so hard to get to without decapping the chip. He sends the Tesla commands to a Audi module and it doesn't even say anything back, it acts like no ones home at all! I told him the LIN bus which these modules talk with has diagnostic commands (found on a LIN bus video on youtube) that allows to basically flood the LIN asking for a response. They say if these commands are used on a live bus in a car there would be collusions on the data network because everything would talk at the same time. But if you did this to just the module on the bench it would be the only thing talking back and should show signs of life and even should give back it's LIN address. Of course the problem is if it's using a different LIN address then the Tesla won't talk to it. I don't know what I'm doing and he wanted nothing to do with it, he said just buy the tesla module, it wasn't worth it to make the audi one work!

So it looks like the microcontroller is a pic24 variant, and it appears there’s a ICP header right on the board. In theory should be pretty trivial to dump the flash of the Tesla module and flash it to the Audi module.
Only problem is we don't know of a way to do it without cracking the box open, I assume once we crack one tesla and one audi open we can look at the code somehow for a flashing means over the LIN pin!

I have an audi module and a raspberry pi but no knowledge of ICP. I've done serial stuff and other minor programming things before so not against trying whatever I need to!

I'm up to the challenge!