Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How anal are you about parking spots and door dings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i swear, i get anxiety every stop i have to make in a parking lot. with my old cars, i dont think i thought twice about it. now, i must circle the lot 30 times and think about pros and cons of each spot. its aggravating that i cant calm down haha. just wondering who else feels this way. i end up parking 1 mile away most of the time lol.

Citroen-C4-Cactus.jpg

Used to park far away, don't care so much anymore. No matter how careful you are, someone will eventually hit you. Had someone open their door right into my driver door the other day while I was still sitting in my car. To help minimize any damage, it's probably best to use PPF like Xpel. I know it has saved me from lots of rock chips and dings. Wish I would have done the entire car though cause now I'm finding scratches from places you wouldn't expect from people rubbing by with their bags and what not.

I always stress over it. My number one target is an open space next to the end with handicap parking on the other side. Next is an end spot with extra room for people to walk by but not park. Last resort is an end spot next to a curb and far away from my target destination. At supermarkets I stress over carts being push at the car. I think I need XPEL and a shrink.

I not only look for an "end" parking spot, I'll even think about if the driver's door or passenger's door is towards the end parking spot - hoping maybe there isn't a passenger - better odds the door doesn't ever open.

You get a little more exercise each time you park a ways away . . . right? Well, we can at least tell our wife's that . . .

XPEL is going to help with a door ding? Really? That might be wishful thinking . . .

It might be wishful thinking. Here's what XPEL claims it will do.

"Paint protection films are clear or colored polyurethane films that are applied to vehicles to protect them from scratches, dents, or swirls caused by road debris, rocks, bug droppings, and other environmental elements."