Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you coping with the wait for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm imagining mine in my driveway... :D

File_000(3).jpeg

Think of how bad the wait was for the original Roadster, Model S and Model X owners... or for us Model 3 reservation holders? Some of whom have resorted to framing their Model 3 thank-you sketches to bring them some sense of comfort while trying to cope with their longing. :(

BTW, how will you be able to drive your Model S home if the tires are sitting on your driveway? :)

• Funny
Reactions: Hrhkee
Think of how bad the wait was for the original Roadster, Model S and Model X owners... or for us Model 3 reservation holders? Some of whom have resorted to framing their Model 3 thank-you sketches to bring them some sense of comfort while trying to cope with their longing. :(

BTW, how will you be able to drive your Model S home if the tires are sitting on your driveway? :)

Very true...I can feel your pain since I've been saving for years.

Ruby will be a typical lady and have multiple pairs of "shoes"

I write my DS abusive emails.

(No, not really- the delivery process has been painful and the communication from Tesla spotty at times but my DS has been very helpful when ever I actually managed to talk to him.)

I had to make initial contact with mine. I figured three working days after confirmation was long enough since I have a long list for her to handle.

I found watching Bjorn Nyhand's Norwegian Tesla videos on YouTube helpful.

I'll have to check those out because I'm spending far too much time planning modifications!

I've been thinking of setting up a auto reply email server that I can send my daily "is it ready yet" emails to, that would send back a random platitude... something like; "working on it now", "adding your options as we speak", "coming along nicely", "getting there","no"...

It's better than sending them to my DS, and my wife is no fun, she just mentions things like it being good exercise of patience, or that I should be a good example to the kids.. (who are both sitting there and laughing at me).

I'm stationed at Fort Polk. It's a little over an hour north of Lake Charles. I'm planning on picking it up in Houston and leaving it with some local shops for about 2 weeks for a significant amount of work to be done.

Ok, nice and congrats on the car - I'm certain you will love it.

I did one home delivery in Louisiana and one Houston pick up (when all they had was the Westchase Service Center). Tesla has come a long way in the past 4 years.

Ok, nice and congrats on the car - I'm certain you will love it.

I did one home delivery in Louisiana and one Houston pick up (when all they had was the Westchase Service Center). Tesla has come a long way in the past 4 years.

I figured it would cut down on delivery time quite a bit as opposed to getting a truck to the middle of nowhere. I found great shops in Houston to do the aftermarket work so it was a win-win.