Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are you coping with the wait for delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery was supposed to be end of Sept. Then end of Oct. Now supposedly this week. Heard today that since my car is one of the first with the new hardware (P100D - not sure why that matters), it requires more testing. There is no communication in between those periods and I have to initiate contact.

Ouch - in-away you must be happy that you are getting the new hardware :)

Im having useless conversations with by DS

me: Are we still on for Dec 1st ?
DS: yes - but sometimes it might delay.
me - ok...
DS : I'll keep you posted
Me : (hm...why bother asking , i'll get it when i get it)

Honestly I feel bad for them, they are dealing with a ton of impatient customers - myself included at times :rolleyes:

They are super hardworking and deserve a lot of appreciation. A lot of the issues we have aren't their fault at all but they are the end-point for customers to contact them which must be stressful!

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
I was supposed to get my car on Saturday. Then got a call on Friday saying that they needed to update the firmware which they did, but during the test drive they noticed some vibration and decided to replace the control arm. 2 days to order and receive the part. So delivery is now for mid next week but I delayed until mid December as I am traveling quite a bit. The saga continues....

Well, I finally picked up my P100D this weekend, and was extremely unimpressed with the experience. The guy assisting me did not seem experienced and did not have answers to basic questions. I did a quick walk-around and noticed a scratch in the paint which they missed. My car was ready several weeks ago, but since I was traveling I had them hold it and told them to make sure all was good with it, including alignment of the different chrome pieces on the door. Not only was there a scratch, but the alignment of the chrome was off (just a bit, but enough to be annoying). But the worst part was that the red warning light was on indicating the windshield fluid needed replacing. He added fluid straight from the bottle, which of course did not work as well without a funnel. Then came back to me and said he used the wrong fluid, and would he mind if he took it to the service bay. At this point, I had waited long enough (forgot to mention they had not completed all the paperwork), but wanted to make sure all was good. After 20 minutes of waiting, another guy came out and said that they discovered a leak in the reservoir which was not holding the fluid. My options were to come back on Monday, or take the car then and not be able to use the washer fluid (which I figured I would not need), and then schedule an appointment.

All in all, a completely disappointing experience with a $160K car. It is fun to drive, but I am not looking forward to taking the car in this week to get the paint scratch, the reservoir and the chrome fixed.

Well, I finally picked up my P100D this weekend, and was extremely unimpressed with the experience. The guy assisting me did not seem experienced and did not have answers to basic questions. I did a quick walk-around and noticed a scratch in the paint which they missed. My car was ready several weeks ago, but since I was traveling I had them hold it and told them to make sure all was good with it, including alignment of the different chrome pieces on the door. Not only was there a scratch, but the alignment of the chrome was off (just a bit, but enough to be annoying). But the worst part was that the red warning light was on indicating the windshield fluid needed replacing. He added fluid straight from the bottle, which of course did not work as well without a funnel. Then came back to me and said he used the wrong fluid, and would he mind if he took it to the service bay. At this point, I had waited long enough (forgot to mention they had not completed all the paperwork), but wanted to make sure all was good. After 20 minutes of waiting, another guy came out and said that they discovered a leak in the reservoir which was not holding the fluid. My options were to come back on Monday, or take the car then and not be able to use the washer fluid (which I figured I would not need), and then schedule an appointment.

All in all, a completely disappointing experience with a $160K car. It is fun to drive, but I am not looking forward to taking the car in this week to get the paint scratch, the reservoir and the chrome fixed.

My driver side door chrome trim is badly misaligned. I took my car up there 2 days later, the lady at the desk took pics of the passenger side, which is flawless and another of the driver side door. She was going to send into HQ and said she would be back in touch. That was 8 days ago and I haven't heard back.

Did they indicate that they could align properly? Everything else on my car is flawless but this is driving me crazy.

My driver side door chrome trim is badly misaligned. I took my car up there 2 days later, the lady at the desk took pics of the passenger side, which is flawless and another of the driver side door. She was going to send into HQ and said she would be back in touch. That was 8 days ago and I haven't heard back.

Did they indicate that they could align properly? Everything else on my car is flawless but this is driving me crazy.

Damn, I was hoping most of these issues would be resolved by now, especially on P100Ds. I hope I don't have issues when I take delivery in 9 days.

Damn, I was hoping most of these issues would be resolved by now, especially on P100Ds. I hope I don't have issues when I take delivery in 9 days.

Oh, mine is really bad. I will take a photo of both the passenger and driver side doors in the morning so you can get a feel for the ugliness. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell this was overlooked. I mean, it isn't subtle by any stretch.

Mine had the same issue and was fixed in about 30 min at the service center.

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist
Oh, mine is really bad. I will take a photo of both the passenger and driver side doors in the morning so you can get a feel for the ugliness. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell this was overlooked. I mean, it isn't subtle by any stretch.

What did the DS say about the trim at the time of pickup? I don't understand how this frequently cited defect hasn't been eliminated at the factory, and further how the delivery is scheduled without delivery team spotting and addressing it. I know they're swamped, but how can anyone thinks that's okay to present to the customer at this (or any) price point?

What did the DS say about the trim at the time of pickup? I don't understand how this frequently cited defect hasn't been eliminated at the factory, and further how the delivery is scheduled without delivery team spotting and addressing it. I know they're swamped, but how can anyone thinks that's okay to present to the customer at this (or any) price point?

It really wasn't that bad for mine but I nitpicked and had them take it in. I bet non TMC customers wouldn't even notice it. I am sure they are aware of the high numbers of delivery complaints and will fix accordingly, no big deal :)

So, how does it drive?