Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sent my car in for its annual service yesterday and whilst there it picked up an update to V8 (2.46.16)
Can't see any difference, was anyone else offered an update?
Hmm, that's actually newer than the 'new' 8.0 update. I think most people are on 2.42.40 at the moment, which was the second release of 8.0.
I think the 2.42.40 release was the one that fixed the flapping mirrors in summon. I wonder what this release does?
Any release notes?

Sent my car in for its annual service yesterday and whilst there it picked up an update to V8 (2.46.16)
Can't see any difference, was anyone else offered an update?
I got this update too while my car was in at Tesla. Adriano thought it may have been 8.1, didn't hold much hope in that, as that's expected in December.

I'm hoping it fixes internet radio, as my TuneIn pauses all the time and I have to change stations to get it working again

Haven't had an update recently but a few days ago I got a "collision imminent" red warning and beep approaching a bend in the road that had some pedestrians jogging close to the edge of the kerb.

It definitely didn't flash up the picture of a car in red, it could have been the motorcycle picture, but I am fairly convinced it was a picture of a person as I thought that was the first time I had seen it.

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
Since the latest update I now get a new warning message when pressing the accelerator pedal while on cruise control. With the cruise control set you have always been able to temporarily override the speed limit or following distance settings by accelerating manually. This is useful if you want to overtake, change lanes or close the gap to prevent other drivers cutting in. Clearly however it also overrides the automatic braking system. I suspect this is the reason behind some of the stories of cars not braking while on cruise control of autopilot and causing accidents. If Tesla have detected this in their analysis of the car data it makes sense that they are now adding a warning message.