Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does an owner contact Tesla Management?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to contact Tesla above the Service Center level??

Ive recently had a service inquiry over an upcoming annual service on my Model X. Ive reached out using the tesla app and over a period of a week, received back very brief unacceptable text responses on my phone. My service appointment is approaching in the next week and I wanted an answer, so I decided a face to face would result in better response and I drive 1 1/2 hours to a local service center and start asking questions. I attempt to speak directly with a service manager, but find them conveniently out of sight, and consequently end up relaying all my issues thru the service advisor sitting at the front desk. Very aggravating.

Eventually, noticing that I wasn't leaving, an Associate Service Manager comes out and tells me since I had made a service appointment at a different service center, I needed to contact them. I tried to get the answers I was seeking but hit a wall. My request for whom to contact above the service center level was refused, and was again advised to contact the original service center, since they had my appointment. Now keep in mind, my questions were related to annual service items, not any specific service center.

I wasn't satisfied and my questions were not answered so I proceeded to drive to the next service center where my appointment had been scheduled for next week. My only purpose was to talk to a Service Manager, but that hit the same wall as the first service center. I eventually sat down with an Associate Service Manager and asked my questions, but, surprise, surprise, was told that Id have to direct my questions to THE SPECIFIC Assistant Service Manager who took my initial service request, and he was unavailable unfortunately, but I was assured he would reach out prior to my appointment. I again inquired whom I could contact above the service center lever, and again met a block wall, being told I needed to get that information from the guy that was going to contact me.

Good news....Within minutes I received a text from THE Associate Service Manager. Bad News.....That message repeated the same original text message that started this inquiry!! I responded "I would like to speak to you, please call me at this #######." Unfortunately, its Friday afternoon, and I know I wont get anything until Monday or later. So, its 11 days of text messages and service center visits and Im right back at the original text message.

Who do you reach out to above the service center level for complaints? anybody know??

Yes, great car but this is one of the two reasons it’s hard to recommend Tesla vehicles to most people I know and strangers who ask me. Most “regular” car owners would not put up with this crap, although we select Tesla owners do.

The other reason I have trouble recommending the car is the poor fit and finish compared to every other car I’ve ever owned (Buick, Datsun, Acura, Lexus and Mercedes). The Tesla body shop had to do $10,000 worth of bodywork and paint remediation as part of the due bill on my brand new September 2019 Model X. This after a couple of the members of the delivery team, including the manager, told me there was nothing wrong and that all was “within spec”.

Reactions: rjdoc74
Yeah, many companies use this excuse to provide crappy or no service. How convenient. The upper levels could have called the OP on the phone. As a medical professional, I am happy to tell you COVID doesn’t spread through phone lines.

My intent was not to disparage. I simply meant to suggest that going there, will not likely be successful.

I have had two service center visits and one mobile service visit at home since Covid. All have been perfect, with no issues. They offered me a Tesla loaner both times, but I declined their offer.

Reactions: Johann Koeber
I am the original owner of a early 2014 Model S. Stories like this is the reason I have not purchased a Tesla updated vehicle.

listen Elon, “Poor service is costing you sales.”

2015 MS, holding on until ext. warranty expires 2023, will have more choices if the CCS Combo becomes as widespread as Tesla's, though I suspect all competitors will still remain glorified city cars given the crummy state of the 1 stall 50% or less operational non-Tesla Level 3 stations.