Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does one join the Early Access Program?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
onedoes.jpg

There *used* to be a program you joined. Not anymore. That may be some of the confusion. I asked to have one car added to it and they added the wrong one, took many months to get (both) removed. Never got anything at all (software) out of it.

Now it chooses you (and I’m not a member). Live vicariously through YouTube. :D

I am pretty sure it is only high profile bloggers right now.

It's not...one of my wifes coworkers has it and AFAIK has no blog or youtube channel or anything... he did used to race cars though... and there's another localish guy with it too who does technically have a youtube channel but only ever posted like 15 videos, and half of those are in the last 2 weeks of FSD stuff, the rest are like 1 a year going back a decade- he is the president of the local Tesla owners club in the triangle area of NC though.

It was an opt-in sign up if you bought FSD when ordering the car. There was an email address at Tesla for this. I forgot the email address, but people reported it that Tesla replied back that they had enough interest so no longer accepting members. Tesla also sent out invites to people who bought FSD before the price drop last year but they are not in the 1st tier, but will get updates before us.

I think Tesla are just sending updates randomly to people in the 1st Beta pool that opted-in. They'll probability release it wider to more beta testers in the 1st tier, slowly opening it up to the 2nd tier before we get them. I think we'll get it sometime in early 2021. Mid- Dec is still probably just for people who bought FSD before march 2019.

• Informative
Reactions: WattTheHeck