Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does Trump quitting Paris Agreement affect Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting responses to my statement. Reminds me of a quote that I like: "When the going gets tough ... the tough get going."

What would have occurred if Thomas Jefferson, or James Madison (any many others) would have folded and walked away when their ideas were rebuffed? It is never "a waste of time" to stand up for a noble ideal. Throughout history there have been many that had a conviction, and exerted the effort to change peoples minds. History reveals too many instances to count where things have not looked good for America, the economy, the war, but men with courage and conviction stuck with it and exerted the influence to made things happen. They are the personalities that are remembered .... not those who said "my way or I take the highway."

Life is a compromise. At the end of the day, neither the far left or the far right will be victorious. That is the reality!

Who says he's folding and walking away? What he did was leave one particular advisory council, not sell/scuttle Tesla and say he's never taking part in anything w/ regard to climate change again. I'd point out that Jefferson and Madison(and many others) DID say to hell with England and left that particular arrangement once they saw they weren't going to get the representation they desired.

I was disappointed that Musk left the board. In doing so he abdicated any possibility of having a positive influence in the re-negotiations that Trump said he was open to. There are few issues in life that are absolutely black or white. Trump is a businessman, he appears to love the negotiation. Based on media reports, he interviews, listens, seeks council, then make a decision. Remember also, not everyone is against withdrawal from the Paris agreement. I would have been more impressed had Musk not cut and run .... that is not nearly as effective as standing and making the argument to support ones position.
It should be clear to everyone now that Trump doesn't listen to anyone but the alt-right Bannon, etc. The business councils were just a way to fluff up his image. He didn't listen or take their advice. I said a long time ago that it was a waste of time for Musk to join the council but I give him credit for trying. It should be very clear now that it's just a waste of time.
As for the effect on Tesla, I doubt very much will be different. There are strong economic forces at play which make electric cars (and solar cells and battery storage) compelling investments. The government can't stop Tesla now.