Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long until 1000 X's are delivered ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way it progressing it looks like the 1000 X delivery might happen as early as next week or the week of Jan 11th.
By next week Tesla should report Q4 2015 unit totals, I wonder if they will discriminate Model S and Model X deliveries.

The whisper was at least 1/3 of the assembly line have been churning MXs. I don't know for how long, but let's just assume the later half of December, and just 1/3 MX...
If the assembly line is running at 1800 cars / wk, that would be 1200 cars in the last two weeks of December alone.
So I'm being fairly conservative. The biggest bottleneck is transit time. 1000th Model X could be built this week (unless there's a production slowdown after x-mas).
Plus Tesla could prioritize west coast deliveries (after sending the first trickle of MXs everywhere).

I think around 250 MXs will be delivered by years end, with deliveries exploding in early Jan/16.

Last edited:
How long until 1000 X's are delivered ? probably very soon

The way it progressing it looks like the 1000 X delivery might happen as early as next week or the week of Jan 11th.
By next week Tesla should report Q4 2015 unit totals, I wonder if they will discriminate Model S and Model X deliveries.

Well, according to Tesla spokesperson Khobi Brooklyn they have now delivered "hundreds" so, if indeed the ramp up is progressing well, it may be within the next couple of week, which would then see first delivery of production models.

Source: Tesla starts shipping "Signature Series" Model X cars to customers - Fortune

Last edited:
According to another poster, his DS told him that no Production X's will be delivered until after the Sig's have been delivered (at least the confirmed orders). The Service Centers have been spending a tremendous amount of time on QA and minor repairs on the early Sig's so he said that they will shut the line down for a short time to adjust the robots and other procedures to address the issues that have been discovered, and will then start running the Production orders. My WAG is that Production deliveries will start mid to late February.

According to another poster, his DS told him that no Production X's will be delivered until after the Sig's have been delivered (at least the confirmed orders). The Service Centers have been spending a tremendous amount of time on QA and minor repairs on the early Sig's so he said that they will shut the line down for a short time to adjust the robots and other procedures to address the issues that have been discovered, and will then start running the Production orders. My WAG is that Production deliveries will start mid to late February.

I believe Elon said they would be at 300/wk by the end of December. I'm not sure how many sigs there are, is 1200 correct? That would put sigs done by 3rd week of January. They are not going to shut down the line for 2-3 weeks to make minor corrections. I'm assuming the people that designed those robots were smart enough to allow for quick fine tuning. I'm not sure if this part of the line is the shared line with Model S, for sure they won't be shutting that down for weeks!

I believe Elon said they would be at 300/wk by the end of December. I'm not sure how many sigs there are, is 1200 correct? That would put sigs done by 3rd week of January. They are not going to shut down the line for 2-3 weeks to make minor corrections. I'm assuming the people that designed those robots were smart enough to allow for quick fine tuning. I'm not sure if this part of the line is the shared line with Model S, for sure they won't be shutting that down for weeks!

Who said 2 or 3 weeks? The implication was a few days or a week at most.

The thread should be titled "manufactured" instead of "delivered".

With completed vehicles individually shipped in small covered carrier trucks, there is a possibility of delay.

If Tesla Motors had large custom covered semi-trucks engineered for high volume delivery to central distribution points, the individual trucks wouldn't have to make the entire factory to service center drive. At least the train deliveries to the east helps the situation.

UPDATE: I have posted "Delivery - A Third Party Variable" here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...-2015/page17?p=1296697&viewfull=1#post1296697

It is in regard to the end-of-year rush and what can occur.

Last edited:
The thread should be titled "manufactured" instead of "delivered".

With completed vehicles individually shipped in small covered carrier trucks, there is a possibility of delay.

If Tesla Motors had large custom covered semi-trucks engineered for high volume delivery to central distribution points, the individual trucks wouldn't have to make the entire factory to service center drive. At least the train deliveries to the east helps the situation.

I meant to ask delivered. If hundreds were already delivered, then considering latency from production to delivery, I think the 1000th X will be done this week already (good chance its already finished).
If we're going to discuss produced, then let's talk 2000th X produced, which seems just as interesting as the 1000th X delivered:biggrin:

If the assembly line is running at 1800 cars / wk, that would be 1200 cars in the last two weeks of December alone.

You're getting ahead of yourself, macpacheco. Tesla said that when it achieves full production -- probably Q2 next year -- it will deliver approximately 1,600-1,800 cars per week (meaning 800-900 Model X per week).

That is not what is being built right now. They're in the very low hundreds per week, currently; probably 100-200 per week produced, if that.

Well, according to Tesla spokesperson Khobi Brooklyn they have now delivered "hundreds" so, if indeed the ramp up is progressing well, it may be within the next couple of week, which would then see first delivery of production models.

Source: Tesla starts shipping "Signature Series" Model X cars to customers - Fortune

@2virgule5...NOT DELIVERED...it say s 100's produced...there is a big difference between producing and delivering them. They could have them all complete save one part...

"Tesla spokesperson Khobi Brooklyn told Fortune that Tesla has now produced “hundreds” of Model Xs"

The article was later edited (see below, I'm just the messenger!). I guess we may know more when Q4 numbers are announced next week. An analyst at Global Equities Research published a note today that the total number this quarter may be above 18300 (delivered) but no information on the number of X (and this is just a prediction).

Update: The story was revised from the original after a Tesla spokesperson said she had mistakenly associated deliveries with production numbers. The company has produced “hundreds” of Model Xs rather than delivered “hundreds” to customers.

At the Salt Lake Center, there are 3 Xs just sitting in the back lot in the snow. I don't think they plan on delivering them until after the end of the quarter, because if they need more prep and delivery time than a Model S, it would decrease the overall number of cars delivered if they are already under staffed and time constrained.

Houston and San Diego Service Centers each have 10-12 getting prepped for delivery.

Imagine there are hundreds on the ground right now, and even more on the assembly line or ready to get shipped out for pre-orders.

Seems like the assembly line is ramping up quickly, and Tesla is beginning the job of delivering thousands of cars to anxious owners.

This thing is happening right before our eyes.

Houston and San Diego Service Centers each have 10-12 getting prepped for delivery.

Imagine there are hundreds on the ground right now, and even more on the assembly line or ready to get shipped out for pre-orders.

Seems like the assembly line is ramping up quickly, and Tesla is beginning the job of delivering thousands of cars to anxious owners.

This thing is happening right before our eyes.

Do you think those 10-12 X's at the San Diego center were delivered by yesterday?