Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a CT reservation, but I put it in two years after the announcement so I'm WAYYY down the list, which is fine since I tend to avoid buying new models of anything until after a couple of years in production when all the kinks have been worked out. I'm an engineer so I appreciate many of the automotive firsts on the CT (48v and steer by wire, namely), even if the design is polarizing and is becoming politicized by people who have no appreciation for the sheer amount of underlying engineering that it took to create. I'll wait until the long-term independent reviews roll in to make a decision - its either the CT or a tried and true diesel GMC Sierra (fully loaded for the same price as a AWD CT) to replace my Tacoma that is going on 300k miles. Will for sure keep my MY as well, aiming to get at least 200k miles from that car.

Reactions: TessP100D
My kids high school student parking lot is 20% pickups. They don’t care about towing or hauling and probably not range.

I’m not going to get one but I don't think this thing is done yet. Really have to see how it plays out.
I think it’s pretty close to “cooked” - as you say, few have the need to tow or haul, and even fewer need bullet resistant door panels or shiny and pointy edges….

This practice is decades old (“Demand Pricing”). Airlines and cruise operators (and many others) have used this methodology since as early as the beginning of time.
Yes, I am well aware of this, I was explaining to the poster I replied to who obviously had no clue. :)

Any manufacturer currently would have 10 yrs of demand for an electric truck going 300+ miles for under $50k or doing 250+ miles for under $40k … they just straight up lied from the get-go to pump the truck and collect deposits….
It is entirely reasonable for pricing to change over a 4 year period. Changing from "competitive with gas trucks" to "worse than other EV trucks" is just silly. But with that said I do understand their pricing, they want to milk the cult of Elon/Tesla for as much as they can before lowering the price to reasonable levels.

Yes, I am well aware of this, I was explaining to the poster I replied to who obviously had no clue. :)

It is entirely reasonable for pricing to change over a 4 year period. Changing from "competitive with gas trucks" to "worse than other EV trucks" is just silly. But with that said I do understand their pricing, they want to milk the cult of Elon/Tesla for as much as they can before lowering the price to reasonable levels.
by +60% (!) over 4 years (AWD version from $49k to $79k) whereas every other Tesla got cheaper? that tracks.

hint: they knew very early on that they couldn't do 500+ miles of range and that they couldn't offer that truck at $39k / $49k / $69k .... yet they kept their mouth shut in order to keep the hype going.

There might be a few of these too...

Screenshot 2023-12-04 174114.png

CT is far away from what was promised (from timeline to price to features).
Hard to be excited at the launch when your expectations (which were created purposefully!) are deceived.
I don't know about others but if I ask and expect "well done" and get "rare" I give it back!

Reactions: jebinc
by +60% (!) over 4 years (AWD version from $49k to $79k) whereas every other Tesla got cheaper? that tracks.

hint: they knew very early on that they couldn't do 500+ miles of range and that they couldn't offer that truck at $39k / $49k / $69k .... yet they kept their mouth shut in order to keep the hype going.
And the hype train continues; just look at all the hypsters they have recruited and employed in this forum and other social media platforms.

YES…..and that’s the point — all lies.

look how many people held on to their old high mileage vehicles … just hoping for a CT as promised.

now we all feel ‘’kicked in the face’’