Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are taking delivery of their Model X in March?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't feel intrigued I am 16xx in Los Angeles still no delivery in sight I ordered a 90D all options.
I don't remember if you said before that you are picking up from Costa Mesa or from different center?
I stopped by Costa Mesa Tesla today to take a look around and they had about 40-50 Model X parked everywhere around their building... cars still wrapped with white cover sheets... I guess they have lots to do to get these cars ready for next few days...
they even started to park new Model S still in wrapping sheets just in the street - kind of scary isn't it?... Model X were inside of Tesla parking lots...

I don't remember if you said before that you are picking up from Costa Mesa or from different center?
I stopped by Costa Mesa Tesla today to take a look around and they had about 40-50 Model X parked everywhere around their building... cars still wrapped with white cover sheets... I guess they have lots to do to get these cars ready for next few days...
they even started to park new Model S still in wrapping sheets just in the street - kind of scary isn't it?... Model X were inside of Tesla parking lots...

Very cool but I have a 24-31st estimate my DS said my delivery won't be for a while. But I am excited for everyone else getting there cars :)

Count me among the lucky ones to have taken delivery of a P90D earlier this week in San Diego!

2016 Tesla Model X P90D.jpg

Reactions: ankitmishra
Just picked up my P90DL. According to my SC,my wife and are the first couple in Seattle to own his and her Model X's. We both feel incredibly privledged to be able to afford this extravagance. As an immigrant family from South Africa we feel so blessed to be living the American Dream... And supporting Elon, a fellow American-South African in the process!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 89
Sadly, no delivery update on my VIN 18XX. Now, I am officially within the delivery window.
Not sure if others in this area have notice,but I have started noticing a few different ones around SV for the last 2 weeks. Have not spotted a blue one yet; so maybe I get mine before I spot one on the road!

Sadly, no delivery update on my VIN 18XX. Now, I am officially within the delivery window.
Not sure if others in this area have notice,but I have started noticing a few different ones around SV for the last 2 weeks. Have not spotted a blue one yet; so maybe I get mine before I spot one on the road!

We are in the same boat. I'm 16XX beginning to think something happened to my X.

So long as you Californians are not hung up on the CVRP, I think you should breathe easy while they force out the end of quarter vehicles. Not saying they're inferior; just saying they might have a higher likelihood of service visits to "touch up" some issues. I'm going to enjoy the wait and get mine in April.

Plus, while Tom Petty tells us that the waiting is the hardest part, I have to think that the anticipation is potentially even better than the real thing.

• Helpful
Reactions: McManX
So long as you Californians are not hung up on the CVRP, I think you should breathe easy while they force out the end of quarter vehicles. Not saying they're inferior; just saying they might have a higher likelihood of service visits to "touch up" some issues. I'm going to enjoy the wait and get mine in April.

Plus, while Tom Petty tells us that the waiting is the hardest part, I have to think that the anticipation is potentially even better than the real thing.

Hope so, I am still waiting for a VIN. Also, I am trying to get a wall connector. Perhaps you can suggest a script that can notify me once it is available?

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
They should accept a personal check at delivery, per their payment email. Did they tell you otherwise?

IIRC this is a quirk due to a workaround for AZ car dealer law. Tesla is only allowed a "showroom" in the state and can't technically sell cars there or accept payments for a car in the state of AZ. Basically, payment for the car technically happens with Tesla corporate in CA and all that happens in AZ is picking up a car you already own.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: EboMike and ohmman
Thought it was unusual to have to pay in full before I can even drive the car. Anyone else had this experience?
As a practical matter, what will they do if you show up with a personal check? That is what I am going to do and my DS said they will convert it to an ACH. I am sure there is a lot of pressure on the service centers to collect money ahead of time. That way they can count it as a sale, even though the customer may subsequently leave it at the SC for some checklist items. One of the big advantages of the traditional dealer model is the manufacturer counts it as a sale when delivered to the dealer or common carrier.

• Love
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
All set for Monday delivery of my 90D at the factory.
A question for the experienced folks here. I did not chose Auto-Pilot at the time of submitting the order. I called my DS to tell him that I would like to enable it before my car is delivered but i was told that it is not possible anymore an that I need to pay $3K to enable it post-delivery at a SC. I thought it was just a software enabled feature that they could still do before delivery. Any insights?

Picked up our regular Model X yesterday from the factory. All went smoothly. I think they have it down to a science. Took about an hour since we asked a lot of questions and went over every detail of the car and menus.

My guess is that they processed about 20 Model X's for delivery yesterday at the factory. They do it in a big tent and can probably do 40 to 50 easily a day. I suspect that they are really getting ready to ramp up the production and delivery process from everything I saw on sight and during the tour.

Reactions: dc_h and ohmman