Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are taking delivery of their Model X in March?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think for most people $5k is a lot of money to forfeit, but for some people, $5,000 might as well be a $5 bill.

Hypothetically, if my deposit was a $5 bill, and Tesla delayed delivery 3 times already, causing me severe work inconvenience on multiple occasions, and then delayed a 4th time for more QC checks, I might consider telling Tesla to go screw themselves, and give up the deposit. Too many people are having a ridiculous time with stuff like this.

Spent $5k 3 years ago. I agree that it's a sunk cost at this point and quite negligible when talking about a $150k car. And after you take delivery of your car, it's going to depreciate immediately, more than the $5k you put down to reserve it.

Picked up my Model X yesterday at the factory. Delivery process was beyond my wildest expectations! I love it how the staff is so helpful with taking selfies.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks @sukhi. I was surprised that it was ready after all. I have to agree with you about my experience with their customer service in the last 3 months, I got 2 calls from my DS, both returning my calls. I think Tesla has ramped up the production without considering the load on the DS teams and we as customers are experiencing the result. It doesn't help that our factory pickup schedule has coincided with their model 3 launch event, making life extra challenging at the base for all parties involved. I wonder others have a better experience in their local SCs.
I took a rain check on the factory tour this time, I should have gone with their drop off option. I Am sure it would have been a better experience that way. Good luck to you as well.

Picked up my Model X yesterday at the factory. Delivery process was beyond my wildest expectations! I love it how the staff is so helpful with taking selfies.

That's certainly not Fremont Factory pickup! More like Vietnamese Coffee House pickup to me!!

Hahaha, I was going to say... it's too early to go to the beach in March. Then I looked at the photos and thought... um... wha?!

Classy. You brought strippers to your pick up... o_O

Well thank you for at least keeping your shirt on, or for sparing us those details!

That's certainly not Fremont Factory pickup! More like Vietnamese Coffee House pickup to me!!

Model XXX

Hahaha, I was going to say... it's too early to go to the beach in March. Then I looked at the photos and thought... um... wha?!

Hahaha, too funny, guys! I thought a little bit of fun might be in order ahead of the wait for Model 3 reveal.

This is at the Pink Pantherz Expresso drive-through in Fremont, near the factory. Normally you would have to give a big tip to get them to pose. This time, not needed, lol. They badly wanted in a picture with Model X and I just couldn't say no.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The long wait is over. Took delivery at the factory today as scheduled. Overall, the car is fantastic. The auto-presenting door works a little wonky. The door opened and closed a few times unexpectedly while I was just standing near the car, so that's going to stay turned off until Tesla gets it working correctly. That's the only problem we've had and we drove around all afternoon.

IMG_1406.jpg
IMG_1407.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg

The long wait is over. Took delivery at the factory today as scheduled. Overall, the car is fantastic. The auto-presenting door works a little wonky. The door opened and closed a few times unexpectedly while I was just standing near the car, so that's going to stay turned off until Tesla gets it working correctly. That's the only problem we've had and we drove around all afternoon
Congratulations..A beauty...are the seats Black leather or Black Multi pattern??

@longwait, that third photo shows a Graco booster which looks to barely fit in the seat. Is that because it's shifted or is that the actual fit? We have the same boosters and I am going to try hard not to compress the bolsters on the X.

It does fit and leaves about an inch to spare on each side of the booster. The armrests of the booster fit the contours of the seat pretty well.

That was the first time the kids got in, so everything got jostled around a bit. I'll post some closer pictures of the fit later today.

As I mentioned I had a chance to sit in Model X yesterday (6 seat config). What I noticed was that ensuring respectable space for folks sitting in the 3rd row does compromise the space for 2nd row seating. Also I found the 3rd row a bit claustrophobic (I am not a fan of constricted spaces).

On the other hand, since we are a family of 4, I think our kids will enjoy the spacious 2nd row with no-one in the 3rd row (90% of time)

Fingers crossed, my delivery is scheduled for 4:00PM today. No email for payment yet but I was told that the contracts teams is backed up so it might all happen at the delivery time only and not before.

So they canceled and rescheduled you for later in the same day?
Yes ... the email cancel was in the late PM Wednesday saying "maybe in the next day or two", but when I talked in the early AM they told me I could pick it up this afternoon. My guess is that they discovered something last night, didn't know how big of a deal it was, then worked on it this morning and it turned out not to be too difficult to address (anyone know if preping/QC goes 24 hours?) .