Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a little disappointed at the range until I realized it's 300mi WITH A 1,000 LB PAYLOAD.

You're looking at 400-450mi usable range without that 1,000 lb.

More than likely going with the Lightning over CT. Especially when considering build quality and customer service...
I hope that is correct. Because that definitely makes it more of an appealing truck for sure. I still think in the end I will stick with my cybertruck order. I do worry about the charging network and charging speeds with what seems to be a less efficient battery pack than what Tesla has done. Again until we see real world numbers for both vehicles we are all kind of guessing but I am excited about more EV's in the market for sure and I definitely think Ford has done some things right for their offering. Lots of exciting new trucks and EV's make for some exciting times over the next couple years.

Reactions: SmartElectric
1. Range is king. But remember you don’t charge to 100% unless you are going on a long trip so less range can be expected for daily use.
2. Range is king. Don’t forget to calculate range loss due to battery degradation.
3. FSD, it will never happen. Save your money and quit thinking about it.
1. Range is king and I charge to 100% every night - 170k miles on the same pack
2. Range is king. after 170k miles and 100% charging every night - 7% degradation, not worth my time to think about.
3. False! You must have not followed the progress of Autopilot. Just as Tesla promised that FSD will be released in features over time with validation, so they have and will continue to going forward.

1. Range is king and I charge to 100% every night - 170k miles on the same pack
2. Range is king. after 170k miles and 100% charging every night - 7% degradation, not worth my time to think about.
3. False! You must have not followed the progress of Autopilot. Just as Tesla promised that FSD will be released in features over time with validation, so they have and will continue to going forward.
Tesla will never have true FSD.
they are at level 2 now.
if you don’t understand that. Your blinded.

If you charge to 100% every night that’s your option, but I’m sure you know Tesla doesn’t recommend it. your risk.

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD and mikes_fsd
Yup. Basic physics and vehicle dynamics known for decades are conveniently forgotten when pushing an agenda.

:rolleyes:
Is that the best you can come up with? Trying to declare F150 the "winner" based upon cherry picking speculative marketing slide numbers (your "logic and the math")?

We'll see when CT, F150, Rivian, and the rest are out on the market and we get test reviews from impartial parties. Ford has a long way to go with EVs and they're not doing particularly well based upon their Mustang. Ford has a century (100 years!) more vehicle manufacturing experience over Tesla so I was expecting amazing and was left super underwhelmed. Lets hope they do better with F150.
Ok. I have to agree with you on this one.

Tesla will never have true FSD.
Strongly disagree!
If you charge to 100% every night that’s your option, but I’m sure you know Tesla doesn’t recommend it. your risk.
I specifically talked to my service center about this and read the actual warranty.
There is nothing that affects my warranty on the battery pack by me charging to 100%.
if you don’t understand that. Your blinded.
You're entitled to your opinions. I've seen Autopilot start from not being able to take a curve (without leaving its lane) or freaking out when cresting a hill, to the solid beast that I've taken cross-country and up and down the east coast. (not even getting into the traffic light and stop sign detection improvement over the past year or so.

I've personally witnessed the improvements over the years.
The ones that are blinded are the ones that can look at the progress Autopilot suite of features has made and then proclaim that there is no way the can make further progress!

Because you assume that FSD is a big-bang release that goes from L2 today to L4+ when it lands.
I would highly suggest you study this page Autopilot
And the previous versions of it going back to October 2016.
So in your eyes ... Tesla will eventually get there? What ... maybe in 10-15 years? What’s happens to all the suckers who paid big money for a FSD feature that didn’t exist? Traded out of sold their cars? What happens?

and if they kept their cars, do they now have to pay for new hardware to run FSD?

Tesla can’t even figure out how to provide blind spot safety systems that almost every car has. Tesla can’t even figure out how to stop fantom breaking issues. How the heck are they going to get to level 5? the answer is simple. They won’t. And when they finally give up, will they refund all the money to their customers who blindly paid for features that never came to be?

im sure your a nice person, but it’s not going to happen. Be realistic.

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD and mikes_fsd
So in your eyes ... Tesla will eventually get there? What ... maybe in 10-15 years? What’s happens to all the suckers who paid big money for a FSD feature that didn’t exist? Traded out of sold their cars? What happens?

and if they kept their cars, do they now have to pay for new hardware to run FSD?

Tesla can’t even figure out how to provide blind spot safety systems that almost every car has. Tesla can’t even figure out how to stop fantom breaking issues. How the heck are they going to get to level 5? the answer is simple. They won’t. And when they finally give up, will they refund all the money to their customers who blindly paid for features that never came to be?

im sure your a nice person, but it’s not going to happen. Be realistic.
Just because you refuse to read what you're buying doesn't mean you're magically entitled to make up your own facts.
I didn't buy FSD for you or for someone else, I bought it for me and my use-cases.

If I am to sell my car before L4+ FSD is released than be it. I got to use the most advanced ADAS system available to the end user for x number of years (if I were to sell my car).
Even with all the "flaws" or perceived flaws, I will do my best to never own a car without something at least as capable as Autopilot/FSD suite of features is today!

Just because you refuse to read what you're buying doesn't mean you're magically entitled to make up your own facts.
I didn't buy FSD for you or for someone else, I bought it for me and my use-cases.

If I am to sell my car before L4+ FSD is released than be it. I got to use the most advanced ADAS system available to the end user for x number of years (if I were to sell my car).
Even with all the "flaws" or perceived flaws, I will do my best to never own a car without something at least as capable as Autopilot/FSD suite of features is today!
Here is a fact for you. I bought a Model 3 in 2018 when Elon Musk was talking about the model-3 becoming a robo-taxi. He made it sound like it would happen by the end of the year. Here we are in 2021 and it still has not happened. Still waiting for that one.

Elon Musk was asked how he would define FSD and he said the car would be able to drive coast to coast without intervention. Right now today the car will not go more than 30 seconds without me holding onto the wheel. Still waiting for that coast to coast drive.

Because you assume that FSD is a big-bang release that goes from L2 today to L4+ when it lands.
I would highly suggest you study this page Autopilot
And the previous versions of it going back to October 2016.
No need to study that page. It says nothing but that Elon Musk lives in a fantasy world.

I have real world experience from owning and driving 3 Teslas and FSD does not live up to the EM hype.

No need to study that page. It says nothing but that Elon Musk lives in a fantasy world.

I have real world experience from owning and driving 3 Teslas and FSD does not live up to the EM hype.
I am sorry that you do not do your research before purchasing things.

I break this down over here:
and reference to the wording that has been on Tesla's site since 2016 and then 2019:

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD
Agreed, this could/should be merged back into the FSD related threads. I won't engage any more... ppl who can't read a simple description probably will not read anything else to the end.
And... your lost in make believe. FSD will never happen. Suckers like you are so blinded that you can’t see it. But.. stay with it. Maybe your have 20-30 Robo-Taxies making you millions every year. Lol.