Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you think Ford just took a bunch of F-150 Lightning Bodies, put them on the assembly line to take a picture. Did I tell you dealers are getting Demos before deliveries…. You are truly delusional if you think this isn’t really happening… I assume you would prefer drone footage

In case you haven’t noticed, Ford stock isn’t anything to write home about. PR Pics will not make or break Ford lol
even funnier... having drone footage of 2 or 3 Cybertruck prototypes on a test track is proof that the Cybertruck will definitely be delivered in 2022 ... yet Ford pushing final production specs F150s Lightnings down the assembly line definitely doesn't mean they are ready to deliver in a few months 😅 😅 :rolleyes:

I like Tesla interiors! Clean and minimalistic aka Modern. If you like grandpa designs of other American automakers then of course Tesla sucks.

You mean like the Model S that a screen behind the steering wheel? No one said Tesla interior suck. I happen to like the Model S and X interior and the Model 3/Y interior are appropriate for the price point. Stop being so dramatic.

BTW, orders are being placed as we speak for the Ford Lightning.... congrats to everyone who got the first invite.

I spotted this F-150 Lightning in the wild in Michigan (with manufacturer plates) back in October. Figured I’d share.

It looks good and seems to perform very well. He was behind me at a light, so I launched it and he kept up pretty well - no idea how hard he was trying but that doesn’t really matter.

B1FB9C37-85C2-4BE1-91F7-E1725D4A3C63.jpeg
77155F7E-1089-4C04-B8D3-C2B1E068823F.jpeg

I spotted this F-150 Lightning in the wild in Michigan (with manufacturer plates) back in October. Figured I’d share.

It looks good and seems to perform very well. He was behind me at a light, so I launched it and he kept up pretty well - no idea how hard he was trying but that doesn’t really matter.

View attachment 752753View attachment 752754
nice looking truck. new rear axle design is pretty neat too. truck buyers are conservative and just being different *without* adding additional features isn't getting them to switch...

It's too bad Ford didn't start with a clean slate for the EV F150. It appears they opted to keep the cab/bed the same and cram batteries between the frame rails. And range options of 230 and 300 miles are lacking for pickup owners intending to haul/tow etc. Maybe Ford was in a hurry to be first to market or couldn't change the EV cab since the Superduty cab was recently downsized to use the F150 cab (cost savings and production simplicity).

The Silverado EV chassis seems more CT like and a more reasonable 400 mile max range.

I was talking to a Ford sales manager today about converting reservations to orders and he thinks there will be a good number of Lightning cancelations. I would tend agree.

Last edited:
It's too bad Ford didn't start with a clean slate for the EV F150. It appears they opted to keep the cab/bed the same and cram batteries between the frame rails. And range options of 230 and 300 miles are lacking for pickup owners intending to haul/tow etc. Maybe Ford was in a hurry to be first to market or couldn't change the EV cab since the Superduty cab was recently downsized to use the F150 cab (cost savings and production simplicity).

The Silverado EV chassis seems more CT like and a more reasonable 400 mile max range.

I was talking to a Ford sales manager today about converting reservations to orders and he thinks there will be a good number of Lightning cancelations. I would tend agree.

Head over to the Lightning Forums. Every order on Wave 1 has been filled. While Ford did not specifically make an EV chassis for the Lightning, they did work on making changes to the body. The F-150 rides like a Luxury Car and I believe Ford just wanted to use this generation as a test platform on an already great product. The next gen should be out in 2025 on its own platform. Basically one year after the Silverado and CT.

the 300 miles are apparently conservatively rated and assume a hefty 1,000lbs payload. Ford isn't going to overpromise and underdeliver on something as crucial as range for their first ever flagship product EV version.

the F150 also has been more evolution than revolution and the biggest changes aren't in the design... for e.g. the 2015+ F150s moved over to an all aluminum body/bed on steel frame to save weight. Something the competition still hasn't achieved. They also began adding turbo-charged V6s while the competition relied on gas guzzling old school V8s. i could go on and on.

The F150 lightning features and entirely new rear suspension and having body on frame is preferable when you actually do tow a heavy load.

The Silverado EV (the less than $105k versions...) isn't slated (per GM) until summer 2024. So GM is over 2 yrs after Rivian and Ford to the electric truck market. They better offer superior range at that point.

Sorry about my posting screw-up, I'm trying to type in this phone and do other things and must have tapped Post Reply.

Quick question... is there an edit post option? I'm not very familiar with this type of forum setup.
Hi @Jwatts2344 welcome to the forum! There are a few of us that have reserved Lightnings. While not a Ford forum, we have a ton of "EV" experience and knowledge here.

To answer you question, you have to reach a certain post threshold before you are allowed to Edit your posts. So hang in there and eventually you will be able to edit.

Also, a TON of people on this board also own Tesla stock. They are incredibly defensive and negative about anything that could diminish or threaten Tesla's dominance of the EV market. Nevermind that Elon himself has said that Tesla can't build every car in the world and this his whole goal with Tesla was to awaken the legacy manufacturers to EVs. He has done that. The Lightning, Hummer/SIlverado, heck even Ram has had to announce an EV. Still a long way to go, but things are going in the right direction. More choices in the market is better for we consumers.

Good luck to all the ford lightning order holders hope you love new pricing lol
$76k for an XLT pre tax and destination. Yikes. Not surprising. Ford pushes the consumer in the direction they want by force at the beginning just like any automaker. Haven't read up on which trims they are doing priority. Little easier to do changes with their lines. It does show you how much all those tiny little add on features add to the bottom line for OEM truck makers. Check this box, check that box. It's like a man candy store. Always justifiable to the guys, maybe not to the pocketbook.

Good luck to all the ford lightning order holders hope you love new pricing lol

Uh, with the exception of the XLT, the pricing was expected. Ford is just pushing everyone to opt for the Lariat instead of the XLT.

I see that now you are realizing this is a reality so you start picking on price and options……like Tesla will somehow still bring a bargain CT to the table…. Have fun with the $12k FSD fools gold

Uh, with the exception of the XLT, the pricing was expected. Ford is just pushing everyone to opt for the Lariat instead of the XLT.

I see that now you are realizing this is a reality so you start picking on price and options……like Tesla will somehow still bring a bargain CT to the table…. Have fun with the $12k FSD fools gold
Lariat starts at 80k lolz

• Disagree
Reactions: SmartElectric
Yea press that toggle to extended range and see. Only idiots would buy pick up truck with 230 miles of range. Oh and that sweet dealer mark up will be awesome too.
Like only idiots would but a Model RWD? Which dealer is giving you a mark up? You are trying too hard…. Don’t worry your stock won’t be affected by Lightning sales … relax

the Lariat with extended battery (300 miles) includes luxury package 511A and comes pretty pretty decked out including full moonroof which can be opened; 80 AMP Ford charge station pro (something Tesla will charge you $550 for and they can't deliver 80 amps) ; hands-free Ford Blue Cruise (no; it's not FSD but they also don't charge $12k for it) and a lot of other things. as said - the Lariat is pretty well decked out with 511A.

and no - including all charges it's $79k and not "over $80k". Ford also doesn't charge extra for paint and has 8 "free" colors.