Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will look into the F-150 Lightning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 886025

Is this for real? I def do not qualify for the new $7500 incentive.
Gas powered XLT now costs 60k. That used to be the best bang for the buck pickup year after year (pre covid)
I currently have a 19 loaded platinum.
View attachment 886026
The dealer should be able to keep the 7500 and discount that back to get you to 73 or so. $13 more for ev. A wash after fuel savings if you drive a lot and have reasonable rates.

They know their dealers are ripping people off too, but aren't doing anything about it.

Maybe but i don’t personally know people who reserved and got stiffed. I am no fan of dealers but I think you are making much ado about nothing . Now dealers are speculating, so are people. Lots of high price trucks out there.

The issue for Ford is getting production up, battery production with sk.
12:17 (738 seconds) talks about dealer but the whole interview from the beginning was excellent. Easy to watch/listen a x1.75 (gear icon)

Will never buy a ford after what they did years ago to a community . Watch the documentary MANN vs FORD. I think it's on HBO. It's eye opening
Are your eyes not open to the lithium and cobalt mining that is CURRENTLY doing what Ford did 50 years ago?
Or does that not count because it is in a poor country overseas? Out of sight out of mind, clear conscience.

Are your eyes not open to the lithium and cobalt mining that is CURRENTLY doing what Ford did 50 years ago?
Or does that not count because it is in a poor country overseas? Out of sight out of mind, clear conscience.
provide some more information on this so I can look into it. Assuming someone has double standards because ‘it is in a poor country overseas’ is interesting…

And I stand by my original statement. I will never buy a ford because of their past

provide some more information on this so I can look into it. Assuming someone has double standards because ‘it is in a poor country overseas’ is interesting…

And I stand by my original statement. I will never buy a ford because of their past

A CBS News investigation of child labor in cobalt mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo has revealed that tens of thousands of children are growing up without a childhood today – two years after a damning Amnesty report about human rights abuses in the cobalt trade was published. The Amnesty report first revealed that cobalt mined by children was ending up in products from prominent tech companies including Apple, Microsoft, Tesla and Samsung.

There's such sensitivity around cobalt mining in the DRC that a CBS News team traveling there recently was stopped every few hundred feet while moving along dirt roads and seeing children digging for cobalt. From as young as 4 years old, children can pick cobalt out of a pile, and even those too young to work spend much of the day breathing in toxic fumes.

Lithium extraction harms the soil and causes air contamination. In Argentina’s Salar de Hombre Muerto, residents believe that lithium operations contaminated streams used by humans and livestock and for crop irrigation. In Chile, the landscape is marred by mountains of discarded salt and canals filled with contaminated water with an unnatural blue hue. According to Guillermo Gonzalez, a lithium battery expert from the University of Chile, “This isn’t a green solution – it’s not a solution at all.”

hth

• Informative
Reactions: boulder.dude
Check out the oil spill on the Keystone...

Use google maps to look at the refineries in La and Tx. Not to mention the gas being flared off in West Tx and other places.

Then consider how Russia is killing a lot of people using it's oil money.

Oil is power. I'm glad to take that power away from foreign governments.
All for that, let's not pretend the current emerging alternative is some holy venture without bad actors and collateral damage to humans and the environment.

Yup. Ford is steadily raising the price. The Lariat base in your screenshot is over $10K higher than it was 2 months ago.

Yeah, about that…

Tesla (TSLA) significantly increases its electric car prices across its lineup

After a year of increasing prices almost every month in 2021, Tesla slowed down the rapid rise in prices across its electric vehicles in early 2022.

The last major price increase was in March 2022 – followed by a smaller one on long-range vehicles in April.

But now the automaker is back at it.

Today, Tesla updated its online configurator overnight to again increase prices across its entire lineup.

Yeah, about that…

After a year of increasing prices almost every month in 2021, Tesla slowed down the rapid rise in prices across its electric vehicles in early 2022.

The last major price increase was in March 2022 – followed by a smaller one on long-range vehicles in April.

Today, Tesla updated its online configurator overnight to again increase prices across its entire lineup.
And prices are beginning to fall.

And as they make more, they can reduce prices even further while maintaining a healthy profit margin. I’d bet most automakers envy them.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Yeah, about that…

Tesla doesn't open up it's order books for a week out of the entire year. You can go online and always pay whatever the MSRP is. In fact, ahead many of the price bumps, it was announced that the price was going up.

Screw Ford! I say this as a Ford truck owner. Their pricing shenanigans have seriously turned me away from the entire brand.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Ford is scamming people and the majority of dealers are ripping people off. The wait time is less for a fully loaded Truck than for a Truck with fewer options. That tells me Ford only wants to build the top of the line Trucks to make a lot more money off of people. If they were actually suffering from parts shortages the top of the line trucks would be affected more. You can get a fully loaded F250 faster than you can get an F250 XLT.
Tesla does exactly the same thing everytime they release a new model vehicle. Nothing new to see here. With that said, dealerships still should rot in hell

Reactions: strider