Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to add Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dumb ass question is that I paid for the option but I'm not seeing the update notification on my console (like I've seen with prior updates).

Am I doing something wrong (besides being a dumb ass)? What is the (dumb ass proof) way for me to confirm whether the update occurred?

Thanks - and apologies - in advance.

My dumb ass question is that I paid for the option but I'm not seeing the update notification on my console (like I've seen with prior updates).

Am I doing something wrong (besides being a dumb ass)? What is the (dumb ass proof) way for me to confirm whether the update occurred?

The update is rolling out over the next 5 days. You will get a notification on your phone if you have the app and will get a notification on the 17" touch screen regardless.

The update is rolling out over the next 5 days. You will get a notification on your phone if you have the app and will get a notification on the 17" touch screen regardless.

Only on iPhone, Android doesn't notify the phone.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be just like all the other updates. It'll prompt you for a time to start. EM said 5 day rollout. Then he said "a few days" during yesterdays telecon.

If you have the hardware but not the software, it's easy, just call Tesla and ask to add it. should cost a few thousand.

If you don't have the hardware, forget about it.

Really weird. Just called and they have to book the car for service to do the update at the end of the month. When i got the car i was told it was just a software update.

Really weird. Just called and they have to book the car for service to do the update at the end of the month. When i got the car i was told it was just a software update.

It likely is just the software, but they may need physical access to the car to connect to the system and enable the feature. Hence, you gotta get scheduled in for them to tweak the car's profile and reload the operating system.