Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get crumbs out of my ventilated seats? Dyson vacuum not doing the job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have some crumbs in a few vent holes on my ventilated seats - my handheld Dyson vacuum got most of them out but there are a few stubborn ones clinging. Any ideas? I thought of needle nose tweezers but afraid I might just push them further in.

Have you got something with stronger pull than the handheld? I would suggest a combination of a shop vac at the same time as you give the seat a sharp whack with the palm of your hand near but obviously not upon the offending crumbs.

You also might provide those sharp blows absent any vacuum....then suck 'em all up afterwards.

Have you thought about using something wet, like a damp q-tip? Water uses Van der Waals forces to adhere to objects.
Oh god not Van der Waals forces - lemme see if I can remember. No googling. Something about the value of the dipole moment changing from moment to moment as the distance of the oxygen and hydrogens changes slightly from moment to moment. Tell me I'm right, pease. I studied so damn hard for that class years ago.

• Funny
Reactions: croman
Oh god not Van der Waals forces - lemme see if I can remember. No googling. Something about the value of the dipole moment changing from moment to moment as the distance of the oxygen and hydrogens changes slightly from moment to moment. Tell me I'm right, pease. I studied so damn hard for that class years ago.

Yes, it can both repel and attract. Distance is key. :D

Reactions: calisnow
J
So I have some crumbs in a few vent holes on my ventilated seats - my handheld Dyson vacuum got most of them out but there are a few stubborn ones clinging. Any ideas? I thought of needle nose tweezers but afraid I might just push them further in.
Just leave them in and therefore you will leave a "bread crumb" in your wake for all future EV owners to follow!

• Funny
Reactions: calisnow
You could give this a shot:

CybercleanCar.png