Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Replace Center Console Sliding Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone for the info and how-to in this thread. Replaced the soft-touch black today with carbon fiber to match my interior trim. Looks great!

View attachment 426232
Loosely related question, but the sliding door cover on my center console won't latch / lock open. I researched quite a bit online and it seems like a common problem. I removed the cubby underneath the screen to check if there were loose diagnostic cables interfering with the path of the cover, but that wasn't it and now I can't figure out how to fix it and I'm quite frustrated since I can't even make a service appointment to have it replaced for now.

Any advice on a DIY repair?

Finally got mine! A buddy of a buddy happens to live right near the Burbank SC and helped me get one (they don't take payment over phone for some reason). Took me about 5 minutes to install. Very easy. Additional pics...

"Unboxing"
View attachment 293704 View attachment 293703 View attachment 293702

Before
View attachment 293701

Slide your front seats as far back as possible, then pull the side panels of the console apart until the console lid cover is fully exposed
View attachment 293700 View attachment 293699

The console lid cover easily slides off its base. As others have said, pull back on the console lid cover while you push forward to console lid base. Then reverse the above steps to install the new lid cover.
View attachment 293698 View attachment 293697

After
View attachment 293696
Hey there, I’m looking to order the Carbon Fiber Sliding Lid too - wondering if your buddy would be able to order one for me too? Or anyone else able to get one? Thanks so much guys!