Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How well does the glass roof reflect heat?

hutsy

Mar 9, 2020
Florida
I thought it could do better. I did 3M crystalline on every window. 70 on everything except the front door windows (40). It’s much better, but I’m in Florida.

UncleCreepy

Mar 29, 2020
Lunenburg, ON
I'm just trying to stay on topic. Not sure why you pointed out that "he specifically asked about the roof glass on the MY." I never said he didn't.
Anyway, taken from Model Y | Tesla:
Premium Interior
[...]
Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
[...]
So to answer the original question: yes, the glass roof is very good at reflecting heat from the sun. Tesla has been using this glass on all their vehicles and it works well.

Reactions: Klau2

empiredown

Mar 27, 2020
Very, very well. It's almost too dark for my tastes, but we'll see come August! Seriously, it's one of the best features of the car. Really, really nice and was very surprised at how comfortable it is under the sun in it. Parking with no shade is problematic, but we decided that we'll take the major good with the minor bad.

Good luck!

Reactions: Kuro Houou

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC