Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC install - isolation switch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you make your HPWC mobile by installing with a 3 phase plug and switched socket, then the isolation switch is included. This also helps when you move house, your HPWC fails or you go bush and want to charge on 3phase sockets (essential in WA and NT).
If/when I sell my house, I will leave the HPWC in place. It adds value &/or removes an excuse for the new owner who might be considering an electric car. Its presence might just be the thing that pushes them over the line to do it. That is more valuable, I think, for the mission.

Can Tesla HPWC charge any CCS2 ported car?

If/when I sell my house, I will leave the HPWC in place. It adds value &/or removes an excuse for the new owner who might be considering an electric car. Its presence might just be the thing that pushes them over the line to do it. That is more valuable, I think, for the mission.

Can Tesla HPWC charge any CCS2 ported car?
Great theory.....I sold my house last year with two HPWC. The buyer asked me to remove them as a condition of sale. They preferred to contaminate the garage with fossil fuel exhaust.
I still have one of them for sale if anyone needs one, single phase for S or X.

Great theory.....I sold my house last year with two HPWC. The buyer asked me to remove them as a condition of sale. They preferred to contaminate the garage with fossil fuel exhaust.
I still have one of them for sale if anyone needs one, single phase for S or X.

you just up your selling price a $100k and tell them the Tesla and charger comes with the house!

Reactions: Techno-phile
Great theory.....I sold my house last year with two HPWC. The buyer asked me to remove them as a condition of sale. They preferred to contaminate the garage with fossil fuel exhaust
I am amused by buyers who think they have leverage like this. I am the seller, I dictate the terms, and if a potential buyer doesn’t like the terms, then they can either walk away or amend their offer to what it would be if they accepted all the terms.

Now, like any commercial negotiation, one has to be aware of market conditions and not overplay one’s hand. But if a potential house buyer told me that their offer is conditional on me removing the HPWC, my large potted trees, and the workbench in the workshop, I would tell them to read the contract of sale, note all the inclusions, and make an offer on that basis.

You need to remind buyers who’s the boss, otherwise you are on a slippery slope of never-ending demands.

Reactions: Max_G
I am amused by buyers who think they have leverage like this. I am the seller, I dictate the terms, and if a potential buyer doesn’t like the terms, then they can either walk away or amend their offer to what it would be if they accepted all the terms.

Now, like any commercial negotiation, one has to be aware of market conditions and not overplay one’s hand. But if a potential house buyer told me that their offer is conditional on me removing the HPWC, my large potted trees, and the workbench in the workshop, I would tell them to read the contract of sale, note all the inclusions, and make an offer on that basis.

You need to remind buyers who’s the boss, otherwise you are on a slippery slope of never-ending demands.
Sorry Vostok but I think thats fantasyland. When someone walks in and offers me well above my asking price after the first open (on a $2.5M property) which is more than double the record price in the suburb, I would have rocks in my head to refuse it on the basis that they’ve asked for a tesla charger be removed. Yeah I could refuse and they may walk away, meanwhile at the time in the eastern states house prices were tanking, so not knowing if that was going to spread to Adelaide. My attitude was sign them up and pay my sparky $100.

Reactions: Amphead and moa999
Sorry Vostok but I think thats fantasyland. When someone walks in and offers me well above my asking price after the first open (on a $2.5M property) which is more than double the record price in the suburb, I would have rocks in my head to refuse it on the basis that they’ve asked for a tesla charger be removed. Yeah I could refuse and they may walk away, meanwhile at the time in the eastern states house prices were tanking, so not knowing if that was going to spread to Adelaide. My attitude was sign them up and pay my sparky $100.
Did you note the bit of my post: “one has to be aware of market conditions”?

Sure, if after properly assessing potential buyers for an asset you come to the conclusion that there is actually only one party that is likely to transact at a price you want, then of course one needs to take that into consideration in one’s tactics.

I still would have told them to make an offer on the property as described in the contract of sale (I’m assuming the HPWC was listed as an inclusion? If not, then you left the door open for potential buyers to use that as a tactic, and in that situation you have few options but to acquiesce, and the rest is moot).

If they kept banging on about the HPWC, and it was listed as an inclusion, I would have told them to take $100 off their offer and use that to arrange for its removal if they are the successful purchaser.

Clearly anyone who “offers me well above my asking price after the first open (on a $2.5M property) which is more than double the record price in the suburb” is not about to walk away, because they have already demonstrated that they are hopeless negotiators and desperate for your property.

Did you note the bit of my post: “one has to be aware of market conditions”?

Sure, if after properly assessing potential buyers for an asset you come to the conclusion that there is actually only one party that is likely to transact at a price you want, then of course one needs to take that into consideration in one’s tactics.

I still would have told them to make an offer on the property as described in the contract of sale (I’m assuming the HPWC was listed as an inclusion? If not, then you left the door open for potential buyers to use that as a tactic, and in that situation you have few options but to acquiesce, and the rest is moot).

If they kept banging on about the HPWC, and it was listed as an inclusion, I would have told them to take $100 off their offer and use that to arrange for its removal if they are the successful purchaser.

Clearly anyone who “offers me well above my asking price after the first open (on a $2.5M property) which is more than double the record price in the suburb” is not about to walk away, because they have already demonstrated that they are hopeless negotiators and desperate for your property.
You're advice then seems to be "use your own judgement to do one thing or another according to what seems the best option under the circumstances at the time".
I'm pretty sure that's what @paulp did, and it's how I imagine most people navigate life.
The code might be:
If ($100 < risk loss of sale * (offer - market value))
{
//better safe than sorry
nodAgreeToRemoveHPWC;
}