TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HPWC on backorder?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by chriSharek, May 30, 2015.

1. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

I ordered my HPWC last Saturday (5/23) and received the Email confirmation that it was ordered. However, a week later and I still haven't received an Email that it's been shipped. I realize last week was a 4-day workweek, but does it normally take this long just to SHIP it? Maybe I should have just driven up the closest service center and just bought one there.

My wiring is installed and I'm 94 days away from delivery, but just want to be all set when she arrives!

2. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

Mine was shipped the day my car entered production. They told me that the two events were linked in their system somehow. You might be able to call them and ask them to ship it early if you really wanted to install it earlier.

3. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Cool. Thanks. Really helpful. I'm a ways out but would rather just get it done. I will also need to move my Volt Charger afterwards . . . .

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

And I'm sure one of your fellow Model S owners will be glad to stop by and test your installation for you. I'd want it done early, too.

5. travwill

travwill Member

Everything from Tesla seems to take a good 5-7 days truly before it ships. I ordered a UMC last weekend too on 5/23 and it has yet to ship here a week later.

6. kmontoya

kmontoya Member

I was concerned about my order as well, I ordered on 5/19 and it shipped on 5/28, which is the day I send an email inquiring about shipping status. So you might want to send them an email (onlineorders) to ask about your order.

7. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Well, since I have 94 days, I'm going to just be patient for now. Once I start getting towards the 30 day mark, i'll start sweating it.

At that time, I've got to line up the financing, schedule my clearcoat install and window tint appointment! I need to put this all in a project schedule Gantt Chart! :)

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I prefer the network diagram view for better critical path identification. :)

9. LLWS

LLWS Member

Placed orders on 5/24 and 5/25 - no email of shipping notification yet. I sent an email to Tesla on 5/29 and called. No response from either contact attempt.

I'm "slightly" annoyed by the delay as one of the items I ignored is a Chademo adapter. I didn't need it for this weekend, but I might have enjoyed using it to go to the beach. Maybe next weekend. I can "reach the beach" without it, but... Chademo makes said journey just that much easier.

It did say when I checked out that items may take five days to process for shipping. I guess I assumed this covers an exception process vs normal practice.

Guess I'll just wait.

10. P85_DA

P85_DA Member

you can pick up same day from SC

11. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

That's a good point, but this is why I did all the conduit/wiring/etc ahead of time. I wanted everything to be in place, tested, ready to go when she arrives. ;)

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Sounds like conversations I have sometimes at work. In some scenarios, I share my screen and build a diagram as I explain the components.