Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC | what is the expected charge rate when at home.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a recent software "upgrade" (I think it was 8.0) the car will now only show you the maximum the car can draw from that location.

I have found my car will only show 24 amps maximum by default. Once I plug in into a 1 phase charger it will jump up to 32 amps. I don't particularly like this design, and suspect it means I wouldn't be able to limit the charge to 24 amps before plugging it in (not that I can think of why I would want to, but I would be happier knowing I could if I needed to).

I have found my car will only show 24 amps maximum by default. Once I plug in into a 1 phase charger it will jump up to 32 amps. I don't particularly like this design, and suspect it means I wouldn't be able to limit the charge to 24 amps before plugging it in (not that I can think of why I would want to, but I would be happier knowing I could if I needed to).
Yeah it is a clunky system!

Actually you can if you're quick.
It takes about 20 seconds to wind up the amps, so if you get back in the car as soon as you connect and manually reduce amps to 24 it will remember that max at that location.