Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quedtion from a newbie:

I took delivery of my Model X D 100 on September 30th. It was a stock car, dark grey with dark grey rims ( I am saying this because dark grey rims are a new thing and thus could give a clue on production date). Do I have hw 2.5? Is there a way to find out? I asked Tesla Switzerland and they refused to admit that he 2.5 exists!!

• Disagree
Reactions: Christopher1
Quedtion from a newbie:

I took delivery of my Model X D 100 on September 30th. It was a stock car, dark grey with dark grey rims ( I am saying this because dark grey rims are a new thing and thus could give a clue on production date). Do I have hw 2.5? Is there a way to find out? I asked Tesla Switzerland and they refused to admit that he 2.5 exists!!

Unlikely, because of the shipping time, yours would have to have been one of the first 2.5 cars. There's another thread for this (mods pls move)

Quedtion from a newbie:

What’s your VIN and build date? If your VIN is above 60k or your build date is sept 2017, chances are that it’s AP2.5.

I appreciate all new AP videos, even if they are in portrait ;)

Ah, thanks for the feedback, this is the sort of constructive advice I'm looking for as I start my burgeoning youtube career... I'm going to bring Bjorn down.... Shiiiiiiiiiii

My next video is going to be nuts.... landscape mode AND blaring 2 chains on the radio, with a glock in my lap, and a kilo of yeyo on the dash, all whilst autolane change failing into a field of cattle. Hell, I should quit my day job now!

Well this was disturbing: Perhaps the first rainstorm I’ve driven in since purchasing my Tesla (P75D, AP2.0, 2017.42). Lane keeping on surface streets was fine, even with really unclear (to my eye) lane lines. Didn’t bother the car a bit. But I noticed the console’s representation of the car in front of me kept disappearing momentarily on a fairly regular basis.

Then I realized the target would disappear right after a windshield wiper pass over the camera. The reaction was slightly delayed, perhaps .1 or .2 secs after the sweep. And it was quite consistent, on the order of 80% of the sweeps.

The vehicle target was a mid-sized work truck, painted blue, pulling an orange, wheeled liquid tank of some sort.

It didn’t seem to affect the car’s ability to maintain a safe following distance (set at 3). But it does seem that at least in this release, the target solution is affected momentarily by the windshield wiper.

Hm, the adaptive cruise control tracking the lead car makes use of the radar, too, right? That should not be affected by the wipers!

So I did a bunch of driving in the past two days and only managed to trigger an ego-exit label (also more slopes but was not interested in those), which turned out to be pretty mundane.

I did drive past a bunch of construction and none of it triggered, I wonder if it really needs something in your face like that one I had on the triggered one?

lb-ego-exit.jpg

The confusing part of this is this is a really common layout and I am pretty sure I was using and passing by similar exits many times in the past two days yet it only decided to trigger in this one instance. Weird.